HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gal

throttle cable

4 posts in this topic

when i rode on my bike this w.e i noticed eccessive free play in the trottle cable , when i tried to adjust it i noticed the the rturn cable is almost broken (near the carb. end) , i had a inner cable to replace it , but it was a bit wider then stock. i intalled it anyway caue i didnt want to end with a broken cable in the middle of the ride. should i leave it on the bike or should i replace it with a stock one (inner cable and outer plastic)? i forgot to loose it when i installed it, so i dont have any free play...

what do u guys reccomend me to do?

Ive broke 2 return throtle cables. mine were caused by me. The bike came to an abrupt stop in the trail. In trying not to go over the bars I twisted the throttle forward, snapping the cable.

I replaced mine with a motion pro t2 cable. So far no breakage.

By the way you can still ride your bike with the return cable broken. You just have about an extra 1/4 turn on the throttle before the cable pickes up. kinda funky riding that way. I rode about 5 days out in colorado that way last year. not fun.