a few riding accessory tips and tricks

i went on dualsport ride last weekend.i received so many positive comments from riders when they saw my homemade bike accessories.so ive decided to share my little gizmos with all of my friends on TT.i would of shared sooner but really didnt think they were a big deal. protects%20and%20quiets%20rattling%20tools.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

i was able to just hold piltoscrew and brass tube in my hand and tapped tube against top of workbench.[you dont need to hit tip of pilotscrew at all,you should only be tapping brass tube against surface] brasstube is soft and thin enough that it streches over screw with very little force.you could also thread pilot screw into carb 1 or 2 turns then tap the tube over it.[bottom part of photo]i used a old pilot screw with broken tip it was just to show how tube goes on.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

i also coat the tools that i keep in my riding bags with rubber dip[most hardware stores $5].rubber dip helps prevent rust,improves grip,stops tools from rattling in bag and makes them easy to identify when they end up in wrong toolbox AT END of day use%20%20rubber%20dip%20on%20riding%20tools.jpg