Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sean_McCutcheon

CR Brakeline

8 posts in this topic

I would suggest avoiding the Galfer line. The fittings are really wimpy on their brand.

Fastline is available from several places and is much stronger. I would go with that brand hands down!

The plastic guards are the way to go if you are looking at CR routing the YZ. It looks much cleaner.

http://lightspeedperf.com/shop/index.php?action=item&id=247&prevaction=category&previd=15&prevstart=12

Lightspeed offers the whole kit, but the brake line is a Galfer.

I am a fan of Fastline. Any dealer can order them. No direct number for the company though. Still haven't figured that one out.

Never forget Ebay. I got a sweet clamp kit for $16.99 shipped (courtesy of oldblue) and a CR routed Fastline brake line for $15 bucks shipped, and I'm also throwing a CRF master cylinder (Ebay as well, but not cheap!) into the mix as well.

The graphics thing is a dilema. I will try and find soemthing. The fit and design is so much better than stock it is worth the effort.

i had a cr 250 brakeline (1995 cr) laying around and all i had to do was fab a line clamp for the fork guards and voila,cr style routing,it was really nothing to it.my stock yz brakes were fine but since i had the brakeline already and was bored...you guys know how it is :)