HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDesto

Fork oil height 03 YZ450???

9 posts in this topic

The book says 80-150 stock is 135 i measured down to 125 for a little more oil(stiffer) A buddy of minesays that the book is off!!! :) Don't know if i should take his word or the book?? Then again there are alot of misprints and errors in the manuals!! What are you guys measuring down to??

I have my forks set at 90mm fork oil level. I also went the route of RaceTech Gold valves & I am very happy. I used 90mm with stock valving and was happy.

Thanks thats what i'm looking for!! I put mine at 125 but i think i'll add some more oil! One question about how much you weigh?? Thanks!! :)

I run around 110-115. It really only helps for bottoming resistance. If you hitting the ground hard all the time it will help but it doesnt seems to make the steering any different.

Thanks thats what i'm looking for!! I put mine at 125 but i think i'll add some more oil! One question about how much you weigh?? Thanks!! :)

about 195lbs on a good day 200lbs on a bad day

I have my forks set at 90mm fork oil level. I also went the route of RaceTech Gold valves & I am very happy. I used 90mm with stock valving and was happy.

how did you measure the oil. springs in or out? on the bike?

I need help.

Mitch

The book may be "off", in that I can't imagine riding an '03 at either 150 or 80. But the stock level listed is about right.

Before I put sub tanks on the '03 forks, I usually ran it at around 125 with the stock springs. I'm 180, more or less in street clothes.

how did you measure the oil. springs in or out? on the bike?

I need help.

Mitch

On a '98-'04, oil level must be measured with springs out, and both the outer tube and the damper completely compressed. The manual details this.