YZ426 is surprisingly good - still!

I rode my YZ426 today for the first time since I bought the '04 CRF450.

I was more than a little surprised at how good the bike still is. I didn't ride at a track today, just at one of the State OHV parks (Hollister) and couldn't ride the CRF due to the spark arrestor requirement.

Yeah, the motor is down on power compared to the CRF. And yeah it's a little heavy. But the dang thing is still a very fun bike! And it starts in one kick. And the suspension is dialed in for me.

The CRF is nice, but I had just as much fun today with the old fat YZF.

I was thinking of selling it but I'm keeping it for my practice/buddy bike.

I agree I don't think I'll ever sell mine.I can pick between several bikes 2and 4 stroke but I love my 426....the crf250 really surprised me..I don't like the crf450 half as much...if the 05 crf450 comes with the frame of the crf250 ....look out ..I'll have to get me one of those

Its the Jack of all trades of the dirt bike crowd. It doesnt shine in any particular area, but its excellent in every area. Its a Motocrosser, a woods bike, a desert bike. Just change out the sprockets and you're all set.

I think for someone on a budget, the 426 is easily the best bang for the buck. For 3 grand you can have a pretty darn good ride.

Can't forget them 400's!

Its the Jack of all trades of the dirt bike crowd. It doesnt shine in any particular area, but its excellent in every area.

Well said! Exactly why I bought one. :)

Can't forget them 400's!

Those too of course! :)

Do you want your CF airbox back now???!!! LOL :)

Do you want your CF airbox back now???!!! LOL :)

:D :D

Nope, my buddies would just drop the bike and crack the airbox anyway.