HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoJetpilot

YZ450Mods

12 posts in this topic

What kind of mods have you guys done to your YZ450F (03) to imporve this great bike. I would like to get a list so I can get an idea of what I should do to my bike (trail set up. Very little track riding).

Thanks for the info

:)

The cheapest but best mod I made was to put on a 47 tooth rear sprocket. It tames the hit, the bike still has more than enough power to handle 47 teeth

What kind of mods have you guys done to your YZ450F (03) to imporve this great bike. I would like to get a list so I can get an idea of what I should do to my bike (trail set up. Very little track riding).

Thanks for the info

:)

here you go read below.

TwinAir Screenless PowerFlow450 kit

Ga426owner,

Did you get a seat-of-the-pants improvement from the screenless air filter? I bought one but a couple of broken ribs have kept me from trying it out yet.

--KT--

TwinAir Screenless PowerFlow450 kit

Ga426owner,

Did you get a seat-of-the-pants improvement from the screenless air filter? I bought one but a couple of broken ribs have kept me from trying it out yet.

--KT--

I would say it is not a huge increase but it does breath better. I did notice that it does run better with it.

Since your at a higher elevation. Get the JD jet kit. It's tried and true.

The next thing would have to be the Rekluse z-start. It finds traction where you'd think there isn't any. Plus it eliminates the stalling problems associated with taking a race bike trail riding.

Yep me too I put the 47 on it and it was perfect!

I went the other way on sprockets.The gearing was to tall in the tight woods.Went with a 13 and 50,[yes its a tractor now.],but still plenty fast for the type of riding i do.Added some fat bars,hand guards,o-ring chain,gripper seat and seal savers and i love it.Many guys go with a flywheel weight for less wheel spin and stalling.I used to trail ride two smokes so i like it just like it is,rippin!If you ride in any deep water you may want to reroute the oil breather hose to the air box.