HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YamahaRacer

Frame for sale?

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I haven't been riding for quite some time now because of my broken frame. It is cracked right along the "Y" juction where oil flows, and I have taken it to 3 welders, and none of them will touch it. So, now that the weather is nice, I'd like to get back to riding. My only option is to buy a new frame, and the dealer wants mega $$$ for one, does anyone know of anybody selling a frame?

Thanks!

YR,

Just a thought here....why couldn't you buy the dry sump conversion from Dr D and then you could tell the welder, he can take it apart and rebuild/re-enforce the area.

Try to find someone in your area that works on sprint car frame or race cars.

Bill

Enclosed is a item that I bid on on Ebay. It is a complete frame. It went for $242. Perhaps you can wheel and deal with the winner that is listed. I have seen a few frames on Ebay, so you may want to monitor it. If you can get a frame for close to the same cost as a dry sump kit, I would opt for the frame!http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825857649&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1020821674&indexURL=0&rd=1

Thanks everyone, ShiftX and Yamhaha426flyer, check your PM's...

Thanks!

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: YamahaRacer ]

Yamaharacer,I do have a title to the frame.A friend of mine is a pro quad racer and bought the bike for the motor.He took the motor and ignition off and i bought the bike for parts since i have a 2001 yz426f. Send me a pm with your phone number and i will call you and we can discuss it. Later.