Post deleted by Steve_Claus

you can make holeshot device for under $10

Spend the $110 towards a new rear tire.....go practice your starts every day you ride, and every moto you complete..... :)

if the tracks you race on has a concrete start...

then don't waste your money...

you do not you the 'holeshot device" on concrete..only on a dirt start, where you are leaving the line full throttle...

Hey guys an easy way to make this device is to use the plastic part thats already on the bike . It is the piece that holds the fork guard in place , most people just take em off and discard the but if you look real close you can make the same identical part . Just cut your fork guard where you want it to hook and then you take a knife or something and cut a v-notch shape into the plastic that sticks out (this is the right side fork), wrks for me and it works perfect let me know how it turns out.........

Originally posted by yzf322:

Just cut your fork guard where you want it to hook and then you take a knife or something and cut a v-notch shape into the plastic that sticks out (this is the right side fork), wrks for me and it works perfect let me know how it turns out.........

uuuuuuhhhhh Isn't that plastic piece you cut the V in a glide for the fork guard? When going through whoops or coming off a jump plastic pieces on the bike are bouncing and flapping all over the place, isn't there a one in a million chance that that glide might enter the hole you cut in the guard ? ? ?

I assume you are referring to one of those fork compression devices that I have seen?

Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

uuuuuuhhhhh Isn't that plastic piece you cut the V in a glide for the fork guard? When going through whoops or coming off a jump plastic pieces on the bike are bouncing and flapping all over the place, isn't there a one in a million chance that that glide might enter the hole you cut in the guard ? ? ?

I asked a mechanic at the Vegas supercross exactly that question. He said he'd never actually seen it happen, but had considered it, and anyway had heard of a case where this did happen and it just ripped the fork guard off.

In other words he was not concerned about that possibility.

I got a good, long, close look at several of these (very simple) devices. Mitch Payton must be very well off by now, why does he need to gouge people $100 plus for a part that can't cost more than ten bucks to manufacture?

Originally posted by Hick:

Mitch Payton must be very well off by now, why does he need to gouge people $100 plus for a part that can't cost more than ten bucks to manufacture?

Because he can and get away with it. There are dumbasses out there who would pay twice that for the thing. How do you think he built the empire he has now.....

Ernie

Man take the 10 bucks go build one send the 100 to Salad-Thumper :)

RatRacer

What you saying we are a pack of hillbillies, using ductap and barb wire to build toooo coool stuff for the bikes ??? :)

I never use duc tape or barb wire

I use Tie Wraps and Teflon Tap, the teflon dont make that gooie stickie residue :D

I think MOTOUSA had the best idea!!!!! If your riding a 426, how much more help do you need off the start???

Brian, I agree also....everytime a new gimmick comes out everyone has to have a wet dream for it.

Just practice your starts, get your weight forward

or go spend the $110.00 bucks......

i dont think that for 110 bucks you get a plastic piece of junk. It's probably magnesium like the one on mcgrath's bike. It might even be alluminum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now