HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freestyler727

dr. d pipe 426 does it really work?

10 posts in this topic

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

Hey guys I bought a Dr. D pipe about two months ago and have done two races with it. I have noticed it's a lot more snappier and runs crisper. I can't really say it's improved the top end because the last race was a slow track but low end is considerably more responsive.

i ordered the dr.d for my '01 after talking to a lot of people and reading a lot of posts. it was hands-down the most highly recommended aftermarket pipe. Thunder Alley was also highly regarded, i was just a little more comfortable going with a bigger company.

i got a pretty good price from gopartsdirect.com.

I have to agree with Meangreen! Did you need more at the top? Mine now explodes off the bottom with a strong mid. No noticeable change in the top but by then I usually have my balance back LOL.