dr. d pipe 426 does it really work?

i had abig gun not that impreessed over stock . just dont want to waste my moeny thanks larry

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

I think the pipe they are talking about on the DR.D website is for the 250F not the 426.

Hey guys I bought a Dr. D pipe about two months ago and have done two races with it. I have noticed it's a lot more snappier and runs crisper. I can't really say it's improved the top end because the last race was a slow track but low end is considerably more responsive.

if anything you will get increases in replacing the muffler, not keeping it

I like my DRD on my 426.

i ordered the dr.d for my '01 after talking to a lot of people and reading a lot of posts. it was hands-down the most highly recommended aftermarket pipe. Thunder Alley was also highly regarded, i was just a little more comfortable going with a bigger company.

i got a pretty good price from gopartsdirect.com.

I have to agree with Meangreen! Did you need more at the top? Mine now explodes off the bottom with a strong mid. No noticeable change in the top but by then I usually have my balance back LOL.

thanks for all the input im loking for more bottomend . is the thunder alley any good?