Flywheel Removal

I am putting on a Electrex Dakar Dual Sport Kit on my '00 yz and am running into troubles. I am trying to take off the flywheel with a regular pully puller with the arms that reach around the flywheel. Is this okay? I really want to get this new stator and flywheel this weekend on and can't get ahold of a Yamaha flywheel puller.

I crank and crank on the sucker but am afraid to do it too tough because it seems like it is going to bend it. Does it just take a crap load of force, or is there something else holding it on besides the crankshaft nut, or is this just the wrong tool for the job? What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

I can't see the specific tool you speak of (I understand the tool type but size matters :D) but I will say that 15$ YZ puller (8$ at some places) is popular for a reason :)

Mine took a pretty good amount of force, you're not doing it while the bike is warm are ya?

u can easily make one yourself. Get a plate of steel or ally, 3 holes drilled that line up with the m6 threads and one larger tapped hole in the middle :)

Hamish

u can easily make one yourself. Get a plate of steel or ally, 3 holes drilled that line up with the m6 threads and one larger tapped hole in the middle :)

Hamish

Thanks for the tip, that's a great idea and cheap $$$