HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benny_d

Flywheel Removal

4 posts in this topic

I am putting on a Electrex Dakar Dual Sport Kit on my '00 yz and am running into troubles. I am trying to take off the flywheel with a regular pully puller with the arms that reach around the flywheel. Is this okay? I really want to get this new stator and flywheel this weekend on and can't get ahold of a Yamaha flywheel puller.

I crank and crank on the sucker but am afraid to do it too tough because it seems like it is going to bend it. Does it just take a crap load of force, or is there something else holding it on besides the crankshaft nut, or is this just the wrong tool for the job? What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

I can't see the specific tool you speak of (I understand the tool type but size matters :D) but I will say that 15$ YZ puller (8$ at some places) is popular for a reason :)

Mine took a pretty good amount of force, you're not doing it while the bike is warm are ya?

u can easily make one yourself. Get a plate of steel or ally, 3 holes drilled that line up with the m6 threads and one larger tapped hole in the middle :)

Hamish

u can easily make one yourself. Get a plate of steel or ally, 3 holes drilled that line up with the m6 threads and one larger tapped hole in the middle :)

Hamish

Thanks for the tip, that's a great idea and cheap $$$