HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oregon_Thumper

Uni Filter fastening

4 posts in this topic

I got my new stuff from Rocky Mountain today, which included a Uni filter. I bought my bike used and it has an aftermarket filter on it with a hole in the middle where a wingnut and bolt hold the filter on. The new Uni filter I got doesn't have a hole for that bolt and wingnut, how do you keep the filter on? I haven't looked at it real close yet because I thought they sent me the wrong filter, but what is the deal?

Assuming it is the right size and shape and fits over the filter cage, then it sounds like a defect. My Uni had the hole in it. You could just make the hole yourself if that is all that is missing. Note that there should be a tab on the inside which also should have a hole for the little plastic post on the filter cage (same as the stocker).

Look at the filter very carefully, I got a uni that had the hole punched but the little peice hadnt fallen out. It was hangin on by a thread.