HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yorkshirepud

Anyone going green for 05?

18 posts in this topic

only unless my pancreast goes out and I start puking Green vile

I have never owned a kawasaki of all the bikes I have owned. I will never own a kawasaki I hate the color green :)

I can not wait to see the new yz 05 450f and here about the changes as well so of anyone has good true info let it fly! :):D :D :usa::D :D

i love my yami... would never get the first year of any bike but, not opposed to taking one for a test ride if anyone gets one :)

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

I'd rather try the RM. No concrete reason why.

Although I think any brand new model is a risky purchase.

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it.

Removing the carb does take a little longer.

But jetting changes are 100% easier on a CRF than a YZF (except the air jets, which nobody fools w/ anyway).

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

Yeah but they hold their value better. And Honda 's, even though the carb is a little tougher to get to, are much easier to work on because of the way they are put together. To tear down the subframe on 426 is a real compared to CRF. Changing the oil is easier on a CRF also even though there are two reserviors to change.

When it comes time, I'll be back on a Honda. But I just couldn't walk by ths 2002 YZ426. $2800, never wrecked, brand new tires, new chain, new sprocket, new handlebars, lots of Works accessories. It's heavy but it doesn't do anything funny. Very stable bike. But it ain't red!!!

I am happy to see the new KX and RM 450's. It will only push Honda and Yamaha hard to make their bikes better. No substitute for competition. Would I buy one?? Not if Bubba is not on a green bike any longer !! LOL

NOW THERE IS A WHOLE NEW DISCUSSION!!! :)