TTR 125L info needed.

I noticed that a lot of you guys have TTR 125's for your kid's and wives. Can anyone tell me what mods Yam make for 2001? How would the bike be suited for a 5'3" 110lb girl for trailriding?

Thanks for the input.

I bought the ttr-125l for my old lady she's about 5'7 115lbs and it's the perfect bike. There is no need to add mods to it yet as she barely uses 4th gear. I would also sometime be interested in adding in after market pipe, but she just does not ride aggressive enough to justify adding more HP. She'll love the bike it's light enough for them to easily pick up off the ground unlike the xr 200 which is alot heavier, and would be very hard if the bike tiped over on top of her. That's where my old lady spends a fair amount of time is under the bike

good luck

My girlfriend is 5'2" and she is doing great on hers. She's had quads but this is her first dirt bike and we've already been to the MX track a couple times and trail riding as well. The bike has a real heavy flywheel so it easily climbs up slippery hills without spinning the tire. The bike is ideally suited for offroad play riding and can be used for the MX track as well as long as you don't go overboard on the jumps. We put stiffer springs in her bike.... MXA magazine says anyone over 40 pounds needs stiffer springs. BBR motorsports makes a lot of parts for these bikes.

check www.kalitude.com for plenty of TTR info.

Brian

HILLER, IF YOU GET A TTR 125l THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD BUY IS A REAL REAR CHAIN GUIDE, OR PUT ON A GOOD CHAIN AND ADJUST IT VERY OFTEN, I HAVE BROKEN ENGINE CASES, AND YAMAHA WILL NOT HELP! THE SPRINGS ARE TOO SOFT FOR MY 90# SON, THE BIKE DOWNSHIFTS BY ITSELF LANDING FROM JUMPS. BE CAREFUL NOT TO TIGHTEN THE CHAIN TOO TIGHT, MY SON BROKE HIS REAR HUB LANDING FROM A JUMP. TIGHTEN THE SPOKES EVERY RIDE, ALONG WITH EVERY NUT AND BOLT ON THE BIKE. HIS XR 100 DIDN'T HAVE THE POWER OR SUSPENSION BUT NEVER BROKE! JUST MY EXPERIENCE,MIKE

The TTr will be great for trail riding by someone of that weight. BBR knows the TTr and their stuff works, but they are very proud of it. Mark @ 2Dads bought one for his kid and is dialing it in currently. In a few weeks he should have some info on jetting, suspension, ect and parts for a greatly reduced price. We bought my 30 yr old wife a TTR-L on March 10, a friend bought his ~11yr old son one on the 9th of March. Neither rider had owned a bike before. My wife is 5'6" 115lb. The boy is ~20lb heavier. The added weight has really taken a toll on his bike. The chain came off and got into the cases. Then the rear hub broke. My wife on the other hand has had no problems at all. However, I took some extreme measures to ensure that. She spends 95% of her time on the motorcross track and once she started to air out the jumps the TTR showed it's problems. I was talking to her on the chatterbox, pushing her to go faster on a big step up jump and she bottomed out both ends of the bike and her legs became the suspension. Needles to say I was in the dog house! We solved the problem via a 98 RM 80. She really notices the 40lb difference in weight. Now when whoever comes out with a small version of the WR that will do everything we will get her one, but in the mean time she has the TTr for play and the RM for track time. IMHO my wife who had never ever ridden a bike out grew the TTr in less than 3 months. I feel the user friendly nature of the TTr enabled her to do this. I hope to keep this bike a long time and use it for friends and kids. On mothers day both of our 50+ year old mothers rode it around. Neither of them had ever ridden either. Great bike, just don't push it too far!

By the way she HATED the XR 200, loved the engine in a YZ 125, but was unable to touch the ground!

Thanks for all the help, I picked up an '01 125L yesterday, she rode it around the yard a little last nite. We'll be going to a practice track tonite. I think she's really going to like it. We don't ride much MX, so I don't think she'll outgrow it that fast, however, a YZ 80 would look good in the garage next to it.....Anyone want to donate some cash :)