Streel legal thumpin!!

Good news Good news. I just got my 99 YZ400 inspected by the police and its good to go to get a plate.

Ive been working on converting it over for the last couple of months. Ive pieced together a kit. It seems to work so far.

Electrex 45w lighting coil

Acerbis headlight

Ufo tailight

Electrex brake pressure switch

Electrex voltage regulator

Trailtech spedo and mount.

Acerbis mirror.

Custom horn (radioshack personal alarm modified)

and a honda kill switch.

Radio shack switch to switch between the

headlight bulbs

Baja designs kickstand.

I called 911 and they sent an oficer over to my house to give it the once over. About all he did was run the Vin numbers and check if I has a tailight. He diddn't look for a horn, Hi/lo beam headlight, or DOT tires. SWEET. Gotta love ignorant cops. No offence if there are any police out there reading this.

I dont have D.O.T. tires. My headlight has 2 35w bulbs I can switch between (wide beam / narow beam) I can only power one at a time with a 45w coil. It kinda looks like a hi/lo beam right?

Monday I'll be at the sectetary of state to get it legal.

how much did all of this stuff run you?

Electrex 45w lighting coil $170

Acerbis headlight $75

Ufo tailight $35

Electrex brake pressure switch $18

Electrex voltage regulator $20 ish

Trailtech spedo and mount. $120

Acerbis mirror. $14

Custom horn (radioshack personal alarm modified)and a honda kill switch. $25

Radio shack switch to switch between the

headlight bulbs $5

Baja designs kickstand. $150 (ouch)

What does that add up to. about $600

Looking back I probably could of bought a kit from Elextrex of Baja for what I spent. But I really diddn't want blinkers and all that fluff. I wanted to keep it very minimal. I can strip all the lights off and have it back to moto mode in about 30 minutes.

yzman wrote: I called 911 and they sent an oficer over to my house to give it the once over.

yznvegas: Dude, why are using the emergency line to get someone to inspect your bike. If you called 911 here in Vegas for something stupid like that you would probably get arrested. :)

YZMAN,

i did kind of the same thing w/my yz426,although i am still figuring out the gearing what blast to ride my mx bike on the street!!

have fun

jeff :)

I called the police station direct and they told me to call 911 so they could dispatch an oficer. I thought it was kinda strange also. When I called 911 they diddn't seem to mind a bit. go figure

You paid $170 for a 45W lighting coil??!! :)

You can get a new stock 130W lighting coil for an '01 WR426 for $150! Then you can run a regular 55/60 headlight.

yea but you still gotta buy the wr flywheel.

I probably will upgrade at some point. I just wanted to get it legal with limited funds.

I got my plate from the dealer! with just a brake light.

Originally posted by yzman400:

yea but you still gotta buy the wr flywheel.

Oh damn! I didn't think of that... :)

DAMNITT!!!

I just got insurance for my bike today. No problem. Even without my cycle endorsment.

I went to the bank to get them to sign off on the title. The bike has been paid off for some time. No problem.

I went to the Secrectary of state to get my plate. They informed me that the FRICKEN officer diddn't fill the form out right. AARRGGHH!!!!!!! He forgot to fill out the back of the form and sign it.

DAMNITT!!!!!!