What's it worth??

I am contemplating selling my bike due to the fact that I will not be able to ride for 6-9 months while I rehab from ACL surgery.

I wonder if you guys can help me decide what I could get for my bike.

'04 YZF 450 - 29.8 hrs

Renthal Twinwall Bars

Rg3 upper clamps

Custom Shorty Thunder Alley - full system

Yamaha hour meter

Scotts Stainless Filter

Nuetral Switch Cover

Storm racing Fuel Screw

Storm Racing Billet Oil filler plug

Graphic MX Chrome Flame graphics

Billet throttle tube

New 756rr front - 2 rides

New 756 Rear - 2 rides

DID X ring chain

Renthal Frt Sprocket

Titax Stainless Rear sprocket

Decal works # plates with the number of your choice (I would buy for new owner)

Wiseco 13.5 Piston kit ( not installed ) New in box

Complete maintenance record that shows each oil change, every time the bike was torn down for chassis grease, tire changes, valve adjustments, and each time it was cranked and ridden. Broken down by date and hours.

The bike is cleaner than the board of health. I just can't stand for it to sit collecting dust while I can't ride. All of my riding buddies want me to bring it to the track so they can trash it......nah. I think I might sell, and start fresh when I am healed.

For what its worth

Kelly Blue book lists an 03 for 3500 trade in and 5080 retail. I figure add 1k to each for an 04.

Starting ata base of 5180, not sure what you paid for it, what you put into it or what a new 04 is sold for OTD in your area.

But the fact is no matter what you put into a bike you will not get half if your lucky back out of it, thats a wash.

If new 04's are sold OTD in your area for 52 - 5800 then you are pretty screwed as far as recouping any monitary value back.

Wyatt I say Keep the bike, you have way to much invested, Unless your willing to take a loss dont sell it. Or you can hold your line on a set price and simply wait for the right buyer

A quick search on cycletrader.com came up with 5300 for a 04 and one for 4000 for an 04

I am thinking that I would take 5400 for it. That is giving away aftermarket parts. I would not take a dollar less. I Would just keep it. It is not like I am getting out of riding, I am just thinking of getting a new bike next year.

Find out what a new 04 is going for OTD in your area. 5400 may be a great price for someone

WHat does your chief mechanic say about it :)

Good luck

I'm with EGO. 9 months isn't all that long and you have definately put a lot into your bike. Put a blanky on it until your ready to wake it up! :)

People tend to only look at price on bikes, "goodies" are just a tie breaker.

You could set the bike back to stock and sell the bike for a lower price. Then keep the parts for your new bike or sell them here. I'll bet you net more $$$ that way. :)

If you're set on selling it, put all the stock stuff back on the bike and sell it. You might leave some of the cheaper "eye candy" on the bike just to entice people. You should get pretty much the same for it whether you have the aftermarket goodies on the bike or not. Then sell the aftermarket stuff on TT or ebay. It takes a little more time and effort on your part, but at least you would get something out of all that stuff.

No matter what though, since you plan on buying a new bike later, I would keep anything you think you would be able to use on your next one.

I tell you what, I'll do you a favor and save you all the effort of trying to advertise, and take her off your hands for $2,500. . . :)

I tell you what, I'll do you a favor and save you all the effort of trying to advertise, and take her off your hands for $2,500. . . :)

Raffle it off here

5500 devided by 50 bucks = 110 tickets

or 100 bucks 55 tickets

Winner pays for shipping.

I would by a ticket

Sorry, there pardner, but 'dat rafflin's illegal. . . :)

why is it illegal

wyatt is hurt he needs the money :)

Why didn't you hurt yourself when I was bike shopping? Why? Why!!????? I would've bought a YZF with the goodies for this price.

This is a STEAL for someone shopping for a new bike. The way Wyatt takes care of his bikes this is better than a new one. No prep or anything needed. Just get on it and go.

Next time I need a bike I'm sending someone to Texas with a big steel bar. :)

Put a price you think is what you need.If someone gives it then let her go..don't budge. There might be some really needy guy out there with an honest hard luck story looking for some help.But if you plan on buying an 05 some of the aftermarket stuff will swap,bars 'n whatnot....By the way how did you like the 756RR front tire?

I am contemplating selling my bike due to the fact that I will not be able to ride for 6-9 months while I rehab from ACL surgery.

I wonder if you guys can help me decide what I could get for my bike.

'04 YZF 450 - 29.8 hrs

Renthal Twinwall Bars

Rg3 upper clamps

Custom Shorty Thunder Alley - full system

Yamaha hour meter

Scotts Stainless Filter

Nuetral Switch Cover

Storm racing Fuel Screw

Storm Racing Billet Oil filler plug

Graphic MX Chrome Flame graphics

Billet throttle tube

New 756rr front - 2 rides

New 756 Rear - 2 rides

DID X ring chain

Renthal Frt Sprocket

Titax Stainless Rear sprocket

Decal works # plates with the number of your choice (I would buy for new owner)

Wiseco 13.5 Piston kit ( not installed ) New in box

Complete maintenance record that shows each oil change, every time the bike was torn down for chassis grease, tire changes, valve adjustments, and each time it was cranked and ridden. Broken down by date and hours.

The bike is cleaner than the board of health. I just can't stand for it to sit collecting dust while I can't ride. All of my riding buddies want me to bring it to the track so they can trash it......nah. I think I might sell, and start fresh when I am healed.

I don't know if the peeps here gave you this link www.nada.com . but you can det the book value on your bike there.

Hey I like that place

Here is my price on a 2000 426 fully loaded

YAMAHA

Moto Cross

Model: YZ426FM

Piston Displacement (CCs): 426

Stroke: 4

Cylinders: 1

Speeds: 5

Dry Weight: 231

Low Retail: $2,455

Average Retail: $3,225

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Equipment

AM/FM Radio-Cassette w/Speakers: Low: $147 Avg.: $175

Cruise Control: Low: $45 Avg.: $55

Power Blades (ATV): Low: $103 Avg.: $120

Snow Blower (ATV): Low: $755 Avg.: $880

CB Radio: Low: $71 Avg.: $85

Engine Guards (Chrome): Low: $63 Avg.: $75

Fairing-Full: Low: $280 Avg.: $330

Fairing-Windshield Only: Low: $88 Avg.: $105

Saddle Bags (Pair): Low: $80 Avg.: $95

Sleeper Tent Trailer: Low: $500 Avg.: $625

Utility Trailer (Standard): Low: $453 Avg.: $530

Exhaust-High Performance (ATV): Low: $46 Avg.: $55

Exhaust-High Performance (Off Road): Low: $66 Avg.: $80

Exhaust-High Performance (Street): Low: $113 Avg.: $135

Lawn Mower (ATV): Low: $610 Avg.: $695

Travel Trunk w/Rack: Low: $71 Avg.: $85

Oil Cooler: Low: $66 Avg.: $80

Security Alarm System: Low: $52 Avg.: $60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals

Total Low Retail: $6,064

Total Average Retail: $7,490