yzf400 cornering probs

i have a 98' yz400 and can't seem to get it to stop from sliding out when i gas her in a corner. only if it is a good berm with a rut that it dosen't slide. i almost dumped it a couple times at the track yesterday, any advice on this issue. just write something, k. ?

Adjust your fork tubes up 2 millimeters in the clamp and have your rear tire as foreward in the the rear axle adjustment as you can get you may have to take a link out of your chain to do it you may want to try it with old chain first to see if you like this adjustment be cause it will turn better but will like to loft front wheel also these are settings Doug Henry used on his 98 YZ400 Tryed them on mine

and it's still that way helped alot! And remember to keep your outside peg loaded with your weight in the turn and elbows high ! ?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's what I do that really helps. Break out the videos, especially the outdoor videos. Look for a clear shot of the pros turning a corner. Play it in slow-mo a few times and pay careful attention to what they do. Start the slow-mo much before the corner so that you can see how they set up.

Also a recent Dirt Rider had pro riding tips on flat corners. I don't remember if it was this months or last months... Anyway, the general idea was to stay forward but keep your weight centered. If you get too forward and the front end moves around then it will want to wash out. If you're centered then the front can move around a little and you can do a better job of controling it. As always, look down the track at where you want to go and NOT down right in front of you. There were more points but I don't remember them all... work has my brain full of computer mumbo-jumbo, no more room for important stuff like moto tips. ?

Another tip would be if your gassing it really ealry in the corners, try this... aproaching the corner, keep your butt about 2 inches off the seat, then entering the corner lean the bike (not your body) into the corner, then sit on the corner of the seat( head straight up, eyes to the next obstacle), and whack it open... The bike will scramble for traction, but dig like a tractor and find it. The bike may get a little squirly out of the corner, but keep the throttle open... and enjoy the first generation of yami thumper power... but then again this is just my 2 cents, and it seems to work for me. correct me if im wrong.

How old are you? your slang is just killing me here!

You can only raise the forks up until they hit the bars. So do just under that.

When is the last time you replaced the tires? What terrain? How much air pressure? What is your sag set at?

---------------------------------------------------------

If you can't speak the english language, dont type it!

How old are you? your slang is just killing me here!

You can only raise the forks up until they hit the bars. So do just under that.

When is the last time you replaced the tires? What terrain? How much air pressure? What is your sag set at?

---------------------------------------------------------

If you can't speak the english language, dont type it!

sorry, i meant to say "looking down at the bars" i can't type. im 16, just for your reference dude. yo, really how much should i raise them really? please help and sorry if "da slang" is killing you. also what slang is killing you, ill try to improve?