Streaking Plastic

Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of those annoying white streaks the plastic gets after it gets stressed in a crash or from some idiot leaning his bike against mine? My plastic is starting to look like it needs some help, so I bought some plastic renew and I was going to try to find a way to get rid of the streaks. Any suggestions?

use a heat gun or a propane torch to heat the underside of the plastic (if your name is ego you can use a flamethrower LOL) this will get rid of the white marks. Later,

Garrett

My bike is only about a week old and already doing those white marks. I haven't dropped the bike or anything, that is lame.

heatgun works great, make sure you do the underside though and just a lil bit on top

hey guys i just had to bring this back up... haha 4 years later, will a blow drier work? i'll be getting new plastics sometime but i would like to check this out too, maybe save some money cuz prom's comin up, thanks

hey guys i just had to bring this back up... haha 4 years later, will a blow drier work? i'll be getting new plastics sometime but i would like to check this out too, maybe save some money cuz prom's comin up, thanks

That might help maybe on the scuffed up areas like the front fender but won't help the white marks

moto216, I don't have a heat gun, I used a propane torch and was VERY, VERY careful not to get the plastic too hot and it worked fine. It takes a little time, so go over one streak then move to a different one and just keep bouncing back and forth until you get it. The only one I could not get out was a white mark around a really deep gouge in my back fender, everything else came out beautifully. Be careful around graphics, the heat may peel them off and/or ruin them.

Woah that was weird. I thought... Garrett? Then I realized the thread was 4 years old. Anybody else think the same?

RIP brother