stepped up big time!

I just secured my spot inline for a new YZ450F. Gave the dealer my deposit and told him to call me when it comes in. I've been riding and having a blast on my 250F but I miss the power of the big bore. I've held out for 2 years waiting for this bike. Now I have to wait another 3 to 4 months but I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Anyone else stepping up?

I have an awesome 01 YZ250F that will be going up for sale. Anyone interested? Parts list available upon request. :D:):D

Who first on the Block

Congrates Dude

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Given that Yamaha hasn't even announced it yet - did the dealer quote you any specs on this 450?? How do you know exactly what you're buying?

I think I may wait until 2004. Really don't want to work out any bugs the new model might have.

I'm actually very interested in finding out of older aftermarket parts (pipes, shark fin, hubs) and 98-02 YZ plastic will fit the new model. That way I can graft all the cool mods I've done to my WR to a new bike.

Originally posted by Thumpty Dumpty:

Given that Yamaha hasn't even announced it yet - did the dealer quote you any specs on this 450?? How do you know exactly what you're buying?

Were you disappointed with your 426? I think Yamaha has it down and they are taking all the things they have learned with the 426 and just stepped up and improved on what they have now. I have confidence in the boys in blue. I wouldn't have a garage full of the blue bikes if I didn't!

the list looks like this,

00 PW50

01 TTR125L

O1 YZ80

02 YZ125

01 YZ250F