HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonecrusher69

Seal saver boots?

7 posts in this topic

I am interested in getting a pair of seal savers for my wr450. My only concern is that I need to remove the guide bracket for the fork guards. I'm not sure if that would be a good thing. Is anyone using them? and if so how do you like them and have you had any problems with your fork guards? Thanks :)

I use them, they fit under the guide brackets no worries. I have had them on over a year now maybe closer to two

Had my suspension done at aftershocks the seals and dust seals looked so good he had no reason to replace them

:)

ego426-1.jpg

Ditto on the longer screws, but after a while I was able to replace the longer screws with the originals (crushed it down a little). I Really Like Mine! :)

Same here.One word of advise... pull them off on a regular basis and clean them as sand and small rocks do manage to find their way under the seal savers.

Hamish

I replace mine once a month but I ride every weekend. They will trap dirt and you really cant clean them completely without taking them off. I just buy the long ones and cut them down into 3 pairs to keep the cost down. :)