HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hagen505

Headlight on/off switch

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has installed a on off switch for their headlight. I have an 04 650L and there are times when I would like to be a bit more stealth, and turn of the light. I was hoping someone could save me some test light time and tell me which color wire to splice into. Thanks.

It looks like there are 2 single wires to put a switch into, to turn it off if its on hi-beam or low-beam

1 would be the green ground lead right off the headlight bulb.

The other is one going to the hi/low beam switch that is labeled as Bu/W. Some color with a white stripe.

The highbeam wire is the "Bu" colored one.

The lowbeam is the "W" (white) one.

You have two choices:

1. Switch(as in break the electrical flow) the Green ground wire coming from the headlight itself, this will break the ground circuit for the headlight and open the circuit

2. Switch the Blue/White wire at the dimmer switch control, this will cut power to the headlight before it branches off into High or Low beam power