HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPilot

Honda Valve Guides

2 posts in this topic

While looking up the parts to rebuild my 93 XR600R, the only valve guides are listed as Guide, Valve(OS) What does the OS mean ? I assume oversized, but i dont even see an option for standard size... Do they even make oversized valves ? Should I even replace the valve guides on a rebuild ? This one has me stumped.... Any input would be appreciated.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"NO FEAR" If you have no fear, you didnt go as fast as you could have ...

I would suggest that a good m/c cylinder head shop manage the rebuilding of your head.

I would suggest KMPI components as they are thoroughly proven in this application.

I would also suggest either Eric Gorr or Mike at EDCO.

Both stand up guys capable of fully refurbishing your head.

I believe the oem replacement rockers now com with a hardened pad on the cam follower so hardfacing is not required.