Stock tripmeter......broken?

So I just noticed the other day that my tripmeter is not working. This after I rolled back 450miles off of it to zero it out. I really did not think that would be an issue, but maybe it is? Anyhow, I pulled the cable out and it's still in good shape and working just fine. I can also still move all the numbers manually, so I was wondering if moving it backwards would have broken it? Also, does anyone know what it would cost to get a new one, or would I be better off getting a bike computer?

That shouldn't have broke it. I've roled mine back a few times. Disconnect the cable at the head unit and spin the wheel to make sure the cable is spinning as it should be. If it is busted and you want to replace it PM me. I am going to sell mine.

So I just noticed the other day that my tripmeter is not working.

OK, silly question. When you reset the meter you pulled the little dial "Out" to reset it. You also mention that you can still adjust the miles manually. Did you ever push the little dial back "in"? The odometer will not work when you have the dial in the out position, but it will allow you to adjust the milage in that postion. Pushing it back "in" will make the odometer work agian.

Best luck...

Terry Mc

Yes, you can order a cable operated spedometer for a Yamaha XT 350 or 225 for pretty cheap. It reads up to 100 MPH and includes trip and total mileage counters and is backlit. I got mine free from an old DT200L/C which reads up to 90 MPH. It's a bit larger than your stock odometer but can easily be taped to the stock mount.

Have you looked into getting a new one? What about a speedometer? I'd like to find an economical one, cable driven rather than the fancy electronic.

Any ideas?

Ya, I covered the obvious things before I posted this. I even pulled the tripmeter off the bike and disconnected the cable down to the wheel and the cable is also not broken. I guess it could be whatever drives it in the wheel that is broken, I have not checked into that yet...

That shouldn't have broke it. I've roled mine back a few times. Disconnect the cable at the head unit and spin the wheel to make sure the cable is spinning as it should be. If it is busted and you want to replace it PM me. I am going to sell mine.

I'll let you know once I find out what's broken...thanks!