HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gal

base valve removal , or using air gun(egoahole)

6 posts in this topic

i just replaced the fork oil and opened the base valve with airgun and 14 allen bit. the problem is that i can use torque wrench when i tight the base valve back to place , how do u guys tight it to the spec. when u use air gun ? i just tighten it not so tight but not so loose (with feeling) and put a small amount of loctice , any comments?

btw , same thing with the clutch basket nut, when i moved to the p.e billet clutch basket...

if you put bike in gear and hold rear brake you can use torque wrench on clutch basket.

What fork oil did you use? And what oil height did you use? I have a couple of quarts of mobil 1 ATF I was thinking of using, but now I am not sure. Also I want a softer ride so I assume more oil means stiffer ride and less means softer. Is this right?

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: wylie1 ]

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: wylie1 ]

Wylie

Use a fork oil not ATF :)

I have used Yamalube .05wt for the price of the yamaha 01 30 bucks I said forget it.

Depending on your wt, plus prefreance I would use the 05 wt, you can spend more money and get 03 or 02.5, but since I am cheep and change oil alot I use yamalube .05.

set the oil hieght right at 300mm ((OPPS :D Imean 130mm)) and decomp at 7 clicks rebound 6

Gal

I have not yet taken the forks apart so I can not advise yet, I believe Motoman has and others :D

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

thanks and i used silkolene 5wt oil , and set the oil level on 130 mm. after u finish the oil replacement u can use a siringe with a hose to add or to remove oil frm the bleeding holes as u like .

set the oil hieght right at 300mm and decomp at 7 clicks rebound 6

Now that IS interesting.....

Take Care, John