HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eastcoastguy

04 wr 450 - lightest exhaust system

4 posts in this topic

you can save 3 to 4 pounds with a differant can. that's weight up top also. i don't remember anyone posting current numbers for each brand. FMF Q, P.C. 496, WB E2. anybody have current weights? those are 96db cans, the louder race cans are probably a bit lighter yet.

I don't think you'll shave any weight replacing the header but the difference between the stock slipon and the procircuit slipon was alittle over 4 1/2lbs. I will weigh the e2 and post the weight tomorrow. :)

I have some weights on a couple pipes, for what it's worth. I bought Bill's old PC496 pipe and currently have it on my WR. I also have a Muzzy Full Ti system, but haven't yet mounted it. Here's some data:

7lb 15oz - Stock WR Pipe (no insert, rear half)

6lb 4oz - Pro Circuit PC496 Slipon

4lb 3oz - Muzzy Ti (can + Ti midpipe, 5lb 1oz for the full system!)

The Dirt Rider 4-Stroke Pipe Shootout article (click here) also lists mass numbers for all of the exhausts they tested. It included the FMF Q at 5lb 14oz, FYI.