Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dansgarage

I want honda brakes

10 posts in this topic

I have been told that to get front brakes as good as the honda has that I need to get a front master cylinder and brake routing like the honda. Have the honda's brakes always been this good. I have been looking on e-bay and there is a complete front assembly from a 94 cr. does this have what I want? thanks for your help guys!

You can probably come fairly close by getting an aftermarket brake line and running it Honda style. Also change out the brake pads, try using stock Honda pads. Use some good brake oil like Motul. I tell you what when I hop off my CR and get on my YZF it feels like there is oil on the rotors. I have an oversized EBC floating rotor kit on my Red ride and man it is 1 finger stopping at its best. :)

I have a DSP line and EBC pads on my YZF, and feel that it stops better than my (ex) CRF.

Dansgarage,

I tried to email you today with pics & explaination of what I did. Buy a Fastline CR routed line & a 2001 CR 250 complete assembly. bout 150 for all. It ends brake problems. I did this over a year ago. It ends brake problems.

fireball-

what do you mean a full assembly? Do you mean buy a honda master cylinder and fastline brake line and use my old caliper? How about honda pads, I'v been told to get those too?

I HAVE A BRAKING WAVE ROTOR KIT AND A FASTLINE BRAKELINE ROUTED HONDA STYLE AND MY FRIEND HAS A HONDA AND RODE MY BIKE AND SAID THAT THE BRAKES WORK BETTER THAN HIS

Dansgarage, there is nothing wrong with your mastercylinder. Buy Fastline CR routed cable & Braking Wave rotor w/ pads & use Motul Brake fluid. You will have better than honda brakes..........

make sure you anchor the brakeline to the lower fork guard or you will destroy the brakeline.

1finger brake setup -- this is the set up!

use your caliper. Honda master cylinder. fastline cr routed hose.

works for me. no complaints from my rider, and believe me... all i heard till i did it was... "dad... these brakes suck!"