HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shamrock400

Pro Moto Spark Arrestor

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Pro Moto Spark Arrestor,its a great concept but I would like to hear from someone about the instalation and performance.

Thanks.

I use one on my 01 and like it. Its easy to install if you have a rivet gun, it comes with all the necessary hardware and is pretty much idiot proof. No performance gain or loss, just a spark arrestor.

Norman # 613

AMA district 20

TCHSS

A buddy of mine has one and reports results consistent with the previous post. I have one on order and will likely have my E-Series for sale once I get everything up and running...

Merf

Originally posted by Merfman:

I have one on order and will likely have my E-Series for sale once I get everything up and running...

Merf

Just curious. What is the advantage of running the stock exhaust with a spark arrestor as opposed to an E series?

The pro moto end cap works great. If you ask them for the 6mm screws they will include them. Go out and buy 6mm tap a few bucks at you local hardwear store. Drill out the rivets, tap and screw in. Done! The next time you need to repack the stocker its eazy

ciscott, that's exactly what I did. Great product and great people to deal with!

Originally posted by CAL:

Just curious. What is the advantage of running the stock exhaust with a spark arrestor as opposed to an E series?

I'm hoping that it'll be a little bit quieter to a 20", 90 degree sound meter. The ESeries projects the sound at a 90 degree angle, right towards the meter. Whether or not it works is an exercise in hope though.

Merf

Hokie, yes the end-cap is easily removed (via the four screws mentioned) for removal of the screen.

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: dirtdad ]

Has anyone with the PMB been sound tested? Mine does not sound as loud with the sparkie in, but I may have to much wax/sand build up, surfers ear to make a good call.

Just a quick Q:

The end cap screws off to make the spark arrestor easy to take in/out?

(I'm not talking about the part that you can rivet in or tap out then screw in, but the actual nozzle end cap.)

I want a SA for the forest but not for the track.