HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatmancantfly

Broken Choke Knob??

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had their choke knob bent over at a 45 degree angle while riding.

Got the bike out of the trailer and warmed it up today at the racetrack. Had to use the choke to start it. Rode around in the field to warm it up. It was taking several kicks to start while practicing the dead engine starts at the H/S. Flag drops and it takes ten kicks to get going. I know something’s not right but I'm now in the heat of the battle. Well, not for long. One long hill climb and I'm kicking my guts out. I finally looked down to see the choke knob pulled out and bent at a 45 degree angle. Day over!

I never hit anyone and no one hit me because of my last place start. Could something have flown up during my warm up ride and caused this? Seems very unlikely but it could have I guess.

I somehow bent mine in a wreck. Just buy a new one. They are like 12 bucks.