HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmxracing

Jetting with BK Mod in So. Cal???

1 post in this topic

Hello, I have a 2000 426 and I have been trying to eliminate the bog problem. I live in So. Cal. and I have done the BK Mod and changed the jetting slightly. I am currently running a 42pilot, pilot screw 1.75 turns out, needle in the middle, and a 168main. I have noticed a difference in the throttle response but the problem is not completely solved. Sometimes when I twist the throttle pretty hard(but not whack it) it still has the bog. It is kind of frustrating still. I think that my pump timing screw is adjusted properly but I am not 100% sure. When I was adjusting this screw I had to lower my idle, which lowers the slide in order for the squirt to just hit the slide. I played with the screw til it just barely missed the slide. Then I had to raise the idle adjustment back up. I think this is adjusted properly. Any tips? I was wondering if a different pilot jet would make a difference. I am running a FMF Powercore IV SA with the Powerbomb header. I am thinking about trying a 45 pilot jet. How does this sound. How many turns out on the pilot screw would work with this jet. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. I have talked to some people but I am open for others opinions. Thanks...