Jetting with BK Mod in So. Cal???

Hello, I have a 2000 426 and I have been trying to eliminate the bog problem. I live in So. Cal. and I have done the BK Mod and changed the jetting slightly. I am currently running a 42pilot, pilot screw 1.75 turns out, needle in the middle, and a 168main. I have noticed a difference in the throttle response but the problem is not completely solved. Sometimes when I twist the throttle pretty hard(but not whack it) it still has the bog. It is kind of frustrating still. I think that my pump timing screw is adjusted properly but I am not 100% sure. When I was adjusting this screw I had to lower my idle, which lowers the slide in order for the squirt to just hit the slide. I played with the screw til it just barely missed the slide. Then I had to raise the idle adjustment back up. I think this is adjusted properly. Any tips? I was wondering if a different pilot jet would make a difference. I am running a FMF Powercore IV SA with the Powerbomb header. I am thinking about trying a 45 pilot jet. How does this sound. How many turns out on the pilot screw would work with this jet. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. I have talked to some people but I am open for others opinions. Thanks...