HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hay_Bush

kill switch problem?

6 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 01 426 and my kill switch doesn't work, I took the switch apart and it seems to be making contact. Has anybody had this problem ? or know what the problem is and how to fix it?

How do you know its working if the Kill Switch does not kill the Bike ?

What and how did you confirm its working ?

Just trying to understand why its not working

[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

The Kill Switch is a simple mechanism - it simply grounds a signal from the CDI when pressed. You are dealing with the Black & white wire running parallel to the grey wire, and that grounds out via the black return wire from the kill switch.

Take the wire off the switch - and with the bike running, touch it to the bars, or some other ground. it should work, and if it does, it is the actual switch mechanism at fault.

If it still doesn't work, then you have a broken wire problem, and you need to check the continuity of the wire back to the CDI... You can trace the wire back and see that it has not come out of it's connector, or gotten broken when you put the tank or something on.

Did you do the grey wire mod? the B & W wire (or it's connector) may be damaged...

HTH

David

Pull your tank, follow the wire down and check the connection on the left side of the frame. Mine has come apart twice now. I Think that there was not enough slack in the wire so when the bars were turned all the way it pulled the connection apart. Hopefully thats whats wrong with yours.

KC

I just pulled my bikes apart to clean and do the blue wire mod.

My kill switch has been working intermitent for about 3 months and just thot I had a bad switch.

I noticed that the connector on the left side ot the frame was in the connector but loose and still looked good until i pulled on it.

I would bet on that one! :)

I just pulled my bikes apart to clean and do the blue wire mod.

My kill switch has been working intermitent for about 3 months and just thot I had a bad switch.

I noticed that the connector on the left side ot the frame was in the connector but loose and still looked good until i pulled on it.

I would bet on that one! :)