HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tirebiter

Seal savers

10 posts in this topic

I know, there's a lot of pro's and con's about the benefits of Sealsaver's. I've been running them for over a year now on my (gasp!) KTM360EXC, and recently installed them on my 650r. THe main bugaboo bout the 650R is overheating, right?

Squat down in front of your bike, TRY to see your radiator. No dice? Big ugly accordion forkguards in the way? With the sealsavers in place, you can view about 75% more radiator surface area, translates into more air flow to your radiator. Spent the last year cookin' the KTM before I installed the sealsavers, ain't gonna happen to the 650.

If they happen to provide better protection for your seals, that's a plus!

I'm also happy with mine on an 01 XRL650. I bought from SRC. I also bought the fork guards. They complete the look and protect the neoprene from roost. They should last forever. While you're at it, get the fork brace. That made a huge difference.

I too bought the SRC fork brace, fork guards, and seal savers. However, I could not get the brace on over the seal savers without the brace looking as though it was going to cut the neoprene. Mine is an 04 XR650L. How did you put the seal savers and fork brace on? Did you also have to leave the brake line bracket loose for the guard to travel on the left side?

I love the brace!

Fun Ridin'! :)

Mike in KC

THe main bugaboo bout the 650R is overheating, right?

Squat down in front of your bike, TRY to see your radiator. No dice? Big ugly accordion forkguards in the way? With the sealsavers in place, you can view about 75% more radiator surface area, translates into more air flow to your radiator.

How true..never thought of that... :)

My 2 cents...I keep my "old" fork boots on to help keep the fork leg from getting small nicks in them from small rocks, and debris that I sometimes get blasted with. I have several friends with XR650's also, and coming up the back end of these bikes can hurt! It seems a shame to sandblast my fork legs with this type of stuff...

My bike sounds like a twin of Thumpdaddy's bike. I too have the neopreme fork guards, SRC brace, carbon fiber bling, etc. Looks kool - bling bling :)