HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack

Best rear tyre?

12 posts in this topic

I need a good rear tyre for my wr400 for winter conditions, what do you guys use?

1 person likes this

If you mean snow/ice, Trelleborg studded.

------------------

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Sorry, I ment mud, and slippery trails, no snow yet in OZ yet.I'm thinking of using a pirrelli MT32, has anyone used one?

Jack

2000 wr400

Jack,

Im using the Pirelli MT32.... I've had one ride on it at the Erica Rally where it was really very muddy and wet and also dry in some parts.

Verdict: Farkn awsome. How did I come across this particular tyre??? from another fellow WR400 rider of course! You won't go wrong or be dissapointed.

Is snow that white stuff?? :)

cheers

Curt

Thanks WR400 in oz!

I am doing the Kenda rally this weekend with one.

Jack

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited 05-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Jack:

I need a good rear tyre for my wr400 for winter conditions, what do you guys use?

I use the Pirelli mt83 FIM approved enduro

tyre - good grip & it seems to last pretty good.

Wayne

I have had good luck with the Michelin S12 front/rear in sand and mud. I also very much like the Barum or Mitas (Dennis Kirk has them) C-23 rear and C-26 front in similar conditions. Actually, I think the C-26 corners better than the S-12 in soft sand. I would buy the Barum if both tires wear the same rate. I just bought S12's so I have to see how they last.

So Jack....

How did you find the Pirelli? ?

What nunmber were you @ the Kenda Rally? I was there as well..whats your email addy?

Cheers

Curt in Oz.