HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

739 AT ?

5 posts in this topic

Anyone use Dunlop 's 739AT desert? I use a S12 140 on the rear, thinking about a 120/100 for summer. Hows the traction and wear? :)

I have used the 739AT in the past. It's a good tire. It didn't chunk out in the dez rocks and hooked up pretty good. I got about 500 miles out of mine. The only draw back on these tires is the price. A little steep if you ask me. I now prefer the Maxxis IT. It's a great tire very durable and a much better deal then the Dunlop.

I have used a 739 AT in the past and liked it. I have a 756 on the rear now, but prefer the longer lasting 739. I did not notice much difference in traction between the two. Like the post above, many seem to have good luck withthe Maxxis IT, which will be my next try.

I ran 739D's for quite a while. I think they skate around too much and are a little pricy. I'm kinda hyper with the throttle and tear up tires fast. I usually got around 350 miles out of it and the knobs do not chunk, just wear down.

I am now running the Maxxis IT like the guys in the other posts in a 120 width and it's a tougher tire. I got almost 600 miles out of the last one and they are much cheaper through RMMC.

Thanks that what I needed to know. I only get about 300 miles out of a rear before it goes away, heavy on the trottle also. I seem to allways have a fairly new hard rear tire on at the start of mud season :)