Air Fliters?????

What air filters are you guys running?

I've been running the stock filter for more than a year and I recently got a "twin air" filter from the local shop as so I wouldn't have to wait a day when I clean the filter I can just pop the fresh one in.

The twin air comes in two pieces and is a pain in the a$$ to install. The top layer will just fall out while you're trying to put the side cover on. Plus, I'm doing this all with my hands covered in filter oil making a mess everywhere I touch. ?:D

I can say I don't recommend the twin air.

Are the after market filters better than stock?

Do I need to re-jet if I run them?

I'm leaning towards just getting another stock one. I've never had a problem with it.

I use the UNI I like it becuase it has the metal frame that replaced the stock screen. It was kind of a pain in the arse to install the first time but after it was oiled, and used it was just as easy as the stock one. I plan on buying two more just to have, so I can change them every ride and clean at my leasure. I try to ride 2-3 times a week. but usually only works out to 1-2 days a week.

Two stock air filters. Clean in hot water with Dawn liquid dish soap, use an oil spray and let dry. Stock metal screen. Haven't had any problems with dust or dirt in the airbox. I swap them out often, every other ride.

If anybody has a stock filter (in one piece ?) that they don't want I will pay for shipping.

G`Day

I run RUSH filter and finer filter don`t notice any difference in performance use motul filter spray (nice`n`sticky) with filter grease around seal .

Yours

Steve B.

I was using the filter grease also but it was a pain in the a$$ to clean. It seams like it took a couple minute job and turned it into a 1/2 hour to clean out all that grease from the groove in the air box around the filter.

I bought a rubber gasket that sticks to the backfire screen so I shouldn't have to use the grease. This will be my first weekend out using it. I hope I don't come home with an air box full of dirt.

Is anybody else running these rubber gasket thingamagiggers?

I run the Uni's as well. Best fit and durability over the no toil and twin, IMO. I grease the outside edge with Maxima waterproof, as that is what needs to form a seal with the airbox. I've never found any dirt or dust in the airbox to date. The uni's are cheap and I have 3 on stand-by pre-oiled. I breakdown and clean em' up once a weak with a TwinAir cleaning system. Works like a charm. I always use soap and water to finish the job.

I run No-Toil filters (excellent fit, foam, and ease of use/carrying...etc) as I can pre-oil them and stuff'em in a backpack (in a ziploc) when on a looooong haul....

You can't do that with metal lined or backed filters. ?

I also have lined my XRSOnly backfire screen with electrical tape, and used white lithium grease (as it's easiest to clean off) to seal the filter.

So far so good on 'dust' in the airbox... no sand either after a day at Glamis (dunes).

Two stock air filters. Clean in hot water with Dawn liquid dish soap, use an oil spray and let dry. Stock metal screen. Haven't had any problems with dust or dirt in the airbox. I swap them out often, every other ride.

If anybody has a stock filter (in one piece :D) that they don't want I will pay for shipping.

I wonder how dawn would work on that sticky [@#$%&*!] foam air filter oil. I used Simple Green with only modest results. Another vote here for UNI. ?