Huge A** Calves and Boots to fit

Anybody know what the best pair of boots are for a guy with huge Calves . I have almost a 20" calf and need good protection . I'll pay Top Dollar for the best If they fit . I just purchased the Alpinestar Vectors and they will work but they Dont feel Like a Motorcross Boot ( they feel Bulky ). I Dont want to Wear them on the track until I know that I have the right boot. Last year I wore the Thor T-20 , They fit but you get what you pay for ( $116 ) and very little protection . Please Help !

wow, i never thought ANYONE would have as big of calves as me...i have 19 and 1/2" calves and the boot of choice for me was the alpinestar tech 8 with the extended straps that alpinestars will give you if a dealer gets them for you. they are the worst boot in the world for the first few rides, but after they get broken in and you can feel.....they are THE BEST!

my next boot is probably going to be the vector...is it easy or difficult to get the top strap strapped? ?

there is no doubt alpinestar tech8's are best quality mxboot on the market.but i dont care how good the quality of boot if it doesnt fit properly its not worth sacrificing safety and comfort.ive owned a pair of tech 8's and extension will help with fitting around calves but tech 8's still have very narrow ankle area that might cause rvanliere some problems.best bet is to go around and try on as many different kind of boots as you can.fox forma comp's are very well made and have the best strap locking system on market.the one complaint i have with them is the thread on sole isnt aggressive enough.tread feels good on pegs when your riding,but they dont get very good traction when you have to walk on slippery surface.

I talked to MotoNation today and The salesman told me that he wouldnt send me the Sidi boots that they have right now ( they would not fit my 20" calves ) he did not want me to get a bad Impression on his boots . He also told me a bout a new boot coming out that is called the vector . It will be ready to ship in about a week and a half . It is made to go to 22" in the calf . Check out the picture of the top of this boot . I think this boot may solve my problem.

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: rvanliere ]