HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treebark

Need a New E-Start switch

7 posts in this topic

I drop my bike on the trails and somehow the inner parts of the switch popped out need a new one.

Just replace with your kill switch until you get a new one ,they're the same. :)

the yamaha button is over priced. all because of the plug. get a yamaha copy at half the price and put the plug on it. it's amazing how many people this has happened to and it's always the e-start button.

Do not replace it with a stock button. Buy two bigger kill switch buttons and put them on and replace the cheap Yamaha rinky dink buttons. My both popped out after a year fo use. I also considered buying a KTM switch assembly with starter and kill on the same assembly but it gets in the way of the Yamaha brake master. :)

Just go down to your dealer and for $12 bucks you can get the large kill button that is about 3 times larger. Leave your existing plugs and splice the new wires and solder. Electrical tape completes the conversion. I have two big kill buttons one for E-Start and one for the Kill. :thumbsup: