HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-Gore

Diesel Oil

5 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on running diesel oil in my 01 426. I currently run Yamaha oil and was comparing them and other than price they are very similar.

I've been running it for about 9 months per recommendation by another TT member as well as the much refered to Mike Guillory (sp) article.

I run Mobil Delvac 1 (the diesel equivalent of Mobil 1) in my petrol powered car - I feel it is better for extended interval changing, and for a number of other technical reasons.

As for a bike, well, as long as the viscosity range, the lack of friction modifiers and such criteria is met, then I see no problem. It may be overkill, there is little carbon and sulphur to catch in a WR/YZ motor, and the change frequency is much higher, but if it is cheaper, then why not?

Oil is a (in a sense) disposable commodity.

HTH

David

I stopped running Mobil 1 and I now run Chevron 15w-40 in both 250F's. They actually shift better and I have gotten rid of the clutch grabbiness that they experienced with the Mobil 1. Also, it's only $1.65/qt (approx) at Costco.

I run Torco T-4R synthetic blend. I use it because that is what we alway ran in our street bikes and it never failed use in those.