Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satch0922

Check your throttle cables!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder to check your cables. I disassembled my carb today for a good cleaning and both my cables are fraying. I have not replaced thems ....they are original but a month ago I checked them and they were ok. When they go they GO!!

BTW the TT store has great prices on Motion Pro cables...got two on the way!!

Mine fray all the time...ive learned to live with it and replace the cables every 6 months...tried motion pro and terrycable and they still do it. :)

i have had to replace mine regularly also...until you do the coil mod and get that out of the way... it makes for easier access to the carb /cable housing ,then you can lube /clean it more often.since I have done this no more frayed cables..it's just a good place for dust to get in and mix with lube...that's ugly right there i don't care who ya are.....that's on my 00 426 :)

I just checked mine lastnight and they were both had broken housings where they go into the throttle tube. I am going to order motion pro 's off TT to replace them!!

I found the same thing recently on my 426. Checked the 400 I sold to a friend of mine and it was fine even though it has way more hours on it. Wonder what the difference is? They look very similar.

I am not sure what caused them both to break. I did have a very hard spill a couple of weeks ago but I just bought the bike about a month ago and this is the first time that I have checked it so I might have gotten it this way.