Motoz Tractionator Adventure Rear ???

Anyone have experience with these Aussie rear tires for 50:50 street/off road dual purpose usage on Beta or Kaboom thumper? Seem to have good reviews though a little pricey @$150...Other suggestions with respectable wear?

MOTAD150_70-18_zpskw0y0nyk.jpg

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/742/61715/Motoz-Tractionator-Adventure-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

Edited by MarantzManiac

The MotoZ brand makes great tires in my humble opinion, but most of the riders here are more Enduro focused, and most here would likely never use a tire like this. 

Todays 50/50 tires are better compared to 5 years ago, but I still would not trust them off road to offer me any real traction even on fire roads on a lightweight Beta, let alone any singletrack. There is a difference between traction and a black donut that rolls over uneven surfaces. I'm sure its a durable tire, offering great longevity for the 990 or GS riders as that is what this tire is focused for.....

• Like 1

Just a quick thought with outfitting a lighter DS bike into Adventure duties, many of the adventure tires are designed for a much heavier bike, so they are loaded with the weight they were designed for. Consequently using "some" adventure tires on a beta will create a sense of vagueness in the dirt, and not loading them on the street they may play games "on the edge" such as letting go without much warning. Granted everything is a compromise, and we all have to make 'em from time to time. 

Most of us that want an adventure tire for DS bikes are saying so because of overall mileage and wet weather riding safety, and of course wanting more that a DOT dirt bike tire can offer on the street. Which can be understandable. But in the past I've seen friends try this approach and get into serious trouble offroad, fooling around and easily losing the frontend or both ends, or not being able to get up a steep hill. Sad thing that most adventure tires today are designed for a bike that weighs 200-300 more pounds than a Beta, I would consider them to be 80% street / 20% dirt like the MotoZ adventure.

I've used the MotoZ H/T and presently the MotoZ I/T for my 50/50 tire(s) and on my other rims for serious 80/20 duties now have a MotoZ mountain hybrid front 80/100-21 and Shinko R505 Cheater in the 110 size on the rear. 

If you're looking for a long lasting DOT dirt tire the MotoZ H/T is a long wearing decent off road tire...:ride:

• Like 1

Mark - thank you for the reply. I understand and appreciate the fact that all tires have compromises. I've got an older lighter honda 2 stroke cr250r that handles the serious off road stuff. Someday maybe an x-Trainer will find its way into the stable.  

Beta 500 RR-S usage is planned for back roads, fire roads, some woods, single track etc basically lil bit of everything.   

Noticed the designed in Italy GoldenTyre GT723 recently went on sale ~$185, still pricey, but not as ridiculous as they were. Plan to give it a shot, air down ~12psi for off-road, and see how it goes.  Oz mentioned it in a Cross Training Enduro skills video as being new and worthy of consideration.

I left the front Michelin stocker for now but may consider one of those fatty tires in future. The MotoZ H/T and I/T both look like good options....

Curious to hear what other Beta riders are using to balance adventure use longevity with off road capabilities.

images_zpspsmy8kcj.png

1_zps2smoa4p3.jpg 

Edited by MarantzManiac

On 6/16/2017 at 3:42 PM, Mark-us-B said:

......I've used the MotoZ H/T and presently the MotoZ I/T for my 50/50 tire(s) and on my other rims for serious 80/20 duties now have a MotoZ mountain hybrid front 80/100-21 and Shinko R505 Cheater in the 110 size on the rear. 

If you're looking for a long lasting DOT dirt tire the MotoZ H/T is a long wearing decent off road tire...:ride:

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to try the MotoZ Desert H/T on the rear next. I'm still undecided about the front. I'm considering the matching MotoZ H/T on the front.

The other tire I'd like to try on the front is a MT-21, never had one. I've got a D606 on there now and I'm remembering why I wasn't so keen on them before in the dirt. It needs to be "decent" on pavement. I ran a XCMH on the front of the DRZ for a bit, pretty good in softer stuff, less so on hard pack, and near scary on pavement.