Marzocchi 48mm XTrainer Fork Kit

Boano Racing built a limited number of those kits last fall from surplus inventory from 2014 Gas Gas EC450F bikes.  They marketed the kits as "limited availability" form the start and sold them beginning in late November 2016 until running out of fork inventory in early 2017.  A few USA Beta dealers had them in stock for a while after that but I haven't seen a set for sale in months.

Since then Boano has shifted to building kits from 48mm Sachs CC forks, similar to what comes on the current RR Race Edition bikes.  A few Beta USA dealers have the kits in stock for $1700 or so, but you should be able to buy them directly from Boano for $1350 or so.  When I bought my Marzocchi kit from them 3-day shipping to the USA via DHL courier was only $65 or so.

FWIW I've got 30 hours on my Marzocchi kit and love it.  It's a game-changer and worth every penny if you're the kind of rider that benefits from suspension components like that.  I have no regrets and would have happily forked over the money for a Sachs kit too if that's what was available at the time.

I've been pondering a custom KYB SSS kit though, just because I'm always changing stuff.  If I can put it together I'll be selling my Zokes for a fair price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wwguy said:

Boano Racing built a limited number of those kits last fall from surplus inventory from 2014 Gas Gas EC450F bikes.  They marketed the kits as "limited availability" form the start and sold them beginning in late November 2016 until running out of fork inventory in early 2017.  A few USA Beta dealers had them in stock for a while after that but I haven't seen a set for sale in months.

Since then Boano has shifted to building kits from 48mm Sachs CC forks, similar to what comes on the current RR Race Edition bikes.  A few Beta USA dealers have the kits in stock for $1700 or so, but you should be able to buy them directly from Boano for $1350 or so.  When I bought my Marzocchi kit from them 3-day shipping to the USA via DHL courier was only $65 or so.

FWIW I've got 30 hours on my Marzocchi kit and love it.  It's a game-changer and worth every penny if you're the kind of rider that benefits from suspension components like that.  I have no regrets and would have happily forked over the money for a Sachs kit too if that's what was available at the time.

I've been pondering a custom KYB SSS kit though, just because I'm always changing stuff.  If I can put it together I'll be selling my Zokes for a fair price. 

If you are looking at selling them soon, shoot me a pm.  I'd definitely be interested at 30 hours ridden.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, drumiv said:

I'm interested in that kit, just don't see a way to order it. Also looked on Beta Usa, and Sierra sites, it's not listed.

Just call your dealer.. or call Beta or Sierra... or anywhere you order from. ..Order through your dealer if you have one close by. . . .. also on a side note it's a good idea to sign up for the Beta news letter.. it's free. The newer information comes out there that doesn't come out in some other areas.  http://www.betausa.com/content/newsletter-subscription

The kit number is right there.. just call.. damn.. it's cheap for what you get.. If I had an xtrainer.. if I didn't already have the whole boano fork kit already I'd get this and buy a fox shock for the back.. That's a deal.. 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2205-beta-announce-a-new-xtrainer-upgrade-front-fork-kit

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Just call your dealer.. or call Beta or Sierra... or anywhere you order from. ..Order through your dealer if you have one close by. . . .. also on a side note it's a good idea to sign up for the Beta news letter.. it's free. The newer information comes out there that doesn't come out in some other areas.  http://www.betausa.com/content/newsletter-subscription

The kit number is right there.. just call.. damn.. it's cheap for what you get.. If I had an xtrainer.. if I didn't already have the whole boano fork kit already I'd get this and buy a fox shock for the back.. That's a deal.. 

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/2205-beta-announce-a-new-xtrainer-upgrade-front-fork-kit

I used the kit number, nothing pops up, so I guess calling is next. I like to use my dealer, but he's 3 hrs away.   It does look like a good deal.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, drumiv said:

I used the kit number, nothing pops up, so I guess calling is next. I like to use my dealer, but he's 3 hrs away.   It does look like a good deal.

It looks like boano has the kit available now - http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/archivio/Kit_cartuccia_XTrainer_BPS_K9_2171.asp.  I bought a kick starter kit from them last month - they shipped here to VA, no issues.

51 minutes ago, Marylander said:

Someone will have to buy the kit and report back. I'm curious to see but don't regret buying the 48mm marzocchi setup.

I am interested to hear about how the kit performs as well.  I love the way the black zokes look and am still interested in buying that setup if anyone wants to sell theirs.

5 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

How much of an improvement?

I wish I could say, but like I said I bought a kick starter kit from them (not that suspension kit).  I was just trying to make the point that the shipping from Italy was a non-issue.  The suspension kit is on my short list though :-).

25 minutes ago, drumiv said:

Well, I think I just ordered it. Even with English selected, it wasn't a smooth transaction. I'll report back when(and if) it happens. Thanks for the link DiscoJV.

I'm surprised you didn't order from sierra or an american outlet. In the past when I've tried to buy from Boano they told me to get what I wanted from Sierra..They denied my order... I forget what I ordered but I got it from sierra. You didn't talk to anyone on the phone???

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I'm surprised you didn't order from sierra or an american outlet. In the past when I've tried to buy from Boano they told me to get what I wanted from Sierra..They denied my order... I forget what I ordered but I got it from sierra. You didn't talk to anyone on the phone???

When I ordered the kick starter kit last month, I was able to translate the website and stumble my way through ordering.  It wasn't too bad.  I didn't pay up front, but rather placed the order online then got a message saying I'd receive an email w/ secure site link to pay via credit card.  Got that, paid and the kit was at my house 4 days later.  I even exchanged emails w/ the representative just before my shipment went out so that I could add crankcase and powervalve gaskets to the order.  He added those on no problem.  I really found it to be fairly easy overall.  No phone conversations at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Now that I'm back working, I have a limited opportunity for computer time/ phone calls ect., mostly in early a.m. when nobody is up. I emailed Sierra and got no response. Haven't heard back from Italy either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drumiv said:

Now that I'm back working, I have a limited opportunity for computer time/ phone calls ect., mostly in early a.m. when nobody is up. I emailed Sierra and got no response. Haven't heard back from Italy either.

Well I hope it goes through  and it all works out quickly... I think it will be great when it comes in... until then you just ride what you have and enjoy till you enjoy more later. I know guys that just love their xtrainers as is..and some that have tricked out their xtrainers with fork kits and fox shocks etc.. It's great to have options.

12 hours ago, drumiv said:

Well, I think I just ordered it. Even with English selected, it wasn't a smooth transaction. I'll report back when(and if) it happens. Thanks for the link DiscoJV.

I buy all my Boano parts from Sierra Motorcycle Supply as they are making orders to Italy almost daily and they are quick in shipping and a USA company I can trust

27 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Well I hope it goes through  and it all works out quickly... I think it will be great when it comes in... until then you just ride what you have and enjoy till you enjoy more later. I know guys that just love their xtrainers as is..and some that have tricked out their xtrainers with fork kits and fox shocks etc.. It's great to have options.

Well, thank you. I personally feel this might turn out to be one of the best trail-oriented bikes ever made. I like the Fox shock/ K9 kit combo, but it's for my wife, #1, so need to keep it low, that's why no 300RR. I'm 6'2" 190+, firm, but since I try to stand most of the time, I don't mind it lowered . You gotta love the torque, and with a little better suspension......

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

I buy all my Boano parts from Sierra Motorcycle Supply as they are making orders to Italy almost daily and they are quick in shipping and a USA company I can trust

I've used them a couple times. Not great on communication, but happy otherwise. You'd think they'd want to make a sale.