KLR cheap complete makeover/show your changes

This is my 2004. minus all of the stuff and it's  brackets and handles on the front and back, and side panels. Replaced with new round h4 headlight, leds on corners and tail, plate light in tail, power jack, 1000 led fogs (they rock and use 10 watts each )$30 seat cover, added carb adjuster, bigger main jets, power bomb header,home made plastic side panels, tried to expose the frame where I could, progressive front springs. Painted with Duracoat RAF8000 flat on tank, bedliner on sides of tank. Got rid of everything I didn't like. It's lighter up top(that helps) , faster... and people look... this is one way they should have offered this bike. 55000 miles and it runs better than ever. It's A BEAST. old pic at the bottom... I loved it that way too. It's hauled my butt in some pretty neat places, survived several wrecks..what a diehard. I run the crap out of it. If you have changed your KLR substantially post it! Got questions? 

rt side klr .jpg

front klr 0612170734_HDR.jpg

leftsideklr 0612170732_HDR.jpg

front klr 0612170734_HDR.jpg

rearklr 0612171409_HDR.jpg

0520171925_HDR.jpg

klrfog 0611172340a_HDR.jpg

old klr 0228161648_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not done yet, I got a black supermoto style fender to put on. Probly gonna put on a slip on pipe to give it a better tone and get rid of that ugly muffler, oversized rotor kit maybe the brakes are terrible. Thought about a paint job but idk it's pretty damn clean. 14k miles, paid 1400$ for the bike, I got under 200$ in it including the tires.