Beta 300RR Dirt Bike Channel Thread

8 hours ago, Monk said:

Though I'm a subscriber, I have never actually watched a complete video from start to finish... I don't understand how you can have a good feeling for a bike if you don't even take the time to set it up? He never mentions jetting, or sag, or fork height, or handlebar/lever position or even tire selection etc etc. And he makes the assumption he's a good intermediate rider.  

Combine that with him always comparing every bike to a KTM and the idea he doesn't/hasn't raced makes it near impossible for me to take him serious. I would like to see what a bike feels like during a 3hr race vs just casually cruising around with your buddies.

If you take it as informative, you are going to be missing a lot of good information... 

You're making the assumption he didn't set it up.  In the comments he replied to somebody that he changed the jetting.  

9 hours ago, Monk said:

Though I'm a subscriber, I have never actually watched a complete video from start to finish... I don't understand how you can have a good feeling for a bike if you don't even take the time to set it up? He never mentions jetting, or sag, or fork height, or handlebar/lever position or even tire selection etc etc. And he makes the assumption he's a good intermediate rider.  

Combine that with him always comparing every bike to a KTM and the idea he doesn't/hasn't raced makes it near impossible for me to take him serious. I would like to see what a bike feels like during a 3hr race vs just casually cruising around with your buddies.

If you take it as informative, you are going to be missing a lot of good information... 

Personally I don't think he knows or understands proper set-up. Several of his videos he talks about a bike and how well it handles the rough trails, he rides some of the smoothest non road trails out there. His talent is "C" class and it shows as he rides. Several of his past bikes have map switches and he never used them, talked about soft power. First part to a in-depth review is knowing the bike's options i.e. map switch, throttle cam,,,, second part is setting up to a baseline as other bikes are. He uses his channel to ride free bikes,,, a nice gig!

50 minutes ago, kbro45 said:

You're making the assumption he didn't set it up.  In the comments he replied to somebody that he changed the jetting.  

Change jetting to what??? I bet he read jetting on the internet and updated without knowing what was off.  He buys his bikes so he can claim honest reviews however with some brands he gets the bikes at a discount and a higher trade in when he is done with it. This way he loses next to nothing. Same reason he doesn't add on any extras. Why was he worried about what Beta would say?? Pissing off the brand results in a higher cost when he needs another bike.

I'm not a fan, entraining videos at best. Flip side many buyers are flocking to his channel then buying based on his remarks. Many naive people out there.

• Like 2

Didn't even bother watching considering he's such a KTM butt-hurt.  His trails look nice but i really can't stand his brand loyalty.  

He's like that kid in 8th grade saying his dad's corvette is the fastest car in the world and no other car is worth his time.

I'll never understand people who are loyal to a brand.  It's my money so i buy whichever product i determine to be best for myself regardless of the name attached to it.  

Edited by k4f5x0r
  • Like 2

I'm really kind of tired of the "its a soft bike" remarks that everyone seems to place on the betas. Just because it has linear power delivery without a power valve hit like a 250MX bike from the factory doesn't mean its soft. It's got a shit ton more torque than any other 300 I've ever ridden, as a result I shit on everyone I've ever drag raced.

People that think a bike is fast or slow based on hits power valve hit are the same kind of people that think they can ride because they fly down perfectly smooth dirt trails at a million miles an hour then when they hit some technical terrain they're on their ass in two seconds.

When I first started riding again after 10 years off a bike I remember riding with some local groups and thinking "damn these guys are good" because of how fast they're flying down these trails we were riding on. Fast forward a year or two later and I've had a chance to take some of these same guys up some of the mountains where I live in some of the more technical terrain you can ride and watch them flounder all over the place paddling with both feet the whole way up the mountain, falling over left and right. That's when I realized fast doesn't mean fast. I think Graham Jarvis is a shining example of that.

Anyway all that said, I don't dislike this guy and his videos. I'm fairly certain he'll give the Beta a fair review, he might be a C rider but he does know a little bit about what he's doing, he's not stupid. He has to re-jet any and all bikes he gets because his elevation is much higher than stock jetting is ever going to be setup for. I'm certain he's very accustom to jetting carbs correctly.

I will, however, be really annoyed if the final verdict of his review is the same old "great for the every day trail rider, but if your a racer other bikes (KTM) probably have the edge". Meanwhile Beta is on track to winning two world enduro championships in a row (last year, and on track to win again this year).

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, k4f5x0r said:

Didn't even bother watching considering he's such a KTM butt-hurt.  His trails look nice but i really can't stand his brand loyalty.  

He's like that kid in 8th grade saying his dad's corvette is the fastest car in the world and no other car is worth his time.

I'll never understand people who are loyal to a brand.  It's my money so i buy whichever product i determine to be best for myself regardless of the name attached to it.  

In all fairness he did really like the Yamaha yz250x.

4 minutes ago, gr4vitas said:

I'm really kind of tired of the "its a soft bike" remarks that everyone seems to place on the betas. Just because it has linear power delivery without a power valve hit like a 250MX bike from the factory doesn't mean its soft. It's got a shit ton more torque than any other 300 I've ever ridden, as a result I shit on everyone I've ever drag raced.

People that think a bike is fast or slow based on hits power valve hit are the same kind of people that think they can ride because they fly down perfectly smooth dirt trails at a million miles an hour then when they hit some technical terrain they're on their ass in two seconds.

When I first started riding again after 10 years off a bike I remember riding with some local groups and thinking "damn these guys are good" because of how fast they're flying down these trails we were riding on. Fast forward a year or two later and I've had a chance to take some of these same guys up some of the mountains where I live in some of the more technical terrain you can ride and watch them flounder all over the place paddling with both feet the whole way up the mountain, falling over left and right. That's when I realized fast doesn't mean fast. I think Graham Jarvis is a shining example of that.

Anyway all that said, I don't dislike this guy and his videos. I'm fairly certain he'll give the Beta a fair review, he might be a C rider but he does know a little bit about what he's doing, he's not stupid. He has to re-jet any and all bikes he gets because his elevation is much higher than stock jetting is ever going to be setup for. I'm certain he's very accustom to jetting carbs correctly.

I will, however, be really annoyed if the final verdict of his review is the same old "great for the every day trail rider, but if your a racer other bikes (KTM) probably have the edge". Meanwhile Beta is on track to winning two world enduro championships in a row (last year, and on track to win again this year).

I will add to this that its also annoying how people say the bike is good for technical extreme enduro, but not more fast flowy stuff.  It is not a desert racer, but makes a great harescramble bike.  

What makes me laugh is the comments about my dad would like this, have you seen Holcombe on it? Winning world championship rounds and podium finishes. That 300 will drag you up a cliff and flip you off in 4th. Clearly shouldn't comment on a bike after 10 minutes of single track, my 250 was tight till i ran it in then it is mental

I started watching Kyle's channel a few months ago, at first I liked his vids but it got old pretty quick for 2 reasons. 1. his number one goal is to ask for money 2. he thinks he knows bikes... but fails big time when he tries to explain something. Just another poser using the internet to inflate the old ego.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

I started watching Kyle's channel a few months ago, at first I liked his vids but it got old pretty quick for 2 reasons. 1. his number one goal is to ask for money 2. he thinks he knows bikes... but fails big time when he tries to explain something. Just another poser using the internet to inflate the old ego.

Little lady is amazed when the credits roll up on the sponsors that donated $100's.

• Like 1

He just put out an update video and said that he adjusted the power valve and the 300 is now "a fire breathing dragon".

I commented on his video about an hour after he released it, told him to adjust it and I guess he took my advice haha, I was on my gfs account tho hahaha I bet he was confused

23 minutes ago, Kibmj43 said:

I commented on his video about an hour after he released it, told him to adjust it and I guess he took my advice haha, I was on my gfs account tho hahaha I bet he was confused

Now I'm a 100% he's just a a dummy. Combined with the lack of hours he mentions (a little over 25hrs on all 3 bikes) I had to turn it off...

@Kibmj43, still waiting on being proven wrong too there bud... Lol

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1

I like what Kyle is doing and got to give him credit for buying all his bikes to review (with the exception of the Beta). Whether I agree with him or not, I respect his effort. The new Ktms are damn good so I'm not surprised he hasn't fully connected with the Beta yet. Very different bike. Ktms are what he is most familiar with.

• Like 3

Now I'm a 100% he's just a a dummy. Combined with the lack of hours he mentions (a little over 25hrs on all 3 bikes) I had to turn it off...
[mention=499182]Kibmj43[/mention], still waiting on being proven wrong too there bud... Lol

Can't figure out how to send pics in pm, if you want txt me bro I'll send all info

1 minute ago, Black-swan said:

At least the guy is doing reviews of a lot of different new bikes, most of us don't have the equipment, time or option to do so. Might not agree with everything he has to say, but it is good someone is reviewing these bikes and we can watch it for free...

Seems neither does he... 25hrs over 3 bikes? You haven't even begun to touch what you could do regarding setup... It's simply not enough time to get enough good information, test, change, test, change etc etc... When each bike has 50hrs, you'll have a better idea...

As an example, I found my 350 a very difficult bike to own and for about the first 30-40hrs was struggling to find a place for it... The next 40hrs have been amazing but alot of changes took place including suspension, gearing, tuning etc etc... 3 podiums including two race wins have proven the bike very capable. Again, 80hrs of riding, practice, training, testing have got me here, not 5, 12 or 9hrs...

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Monk said:

Seems neither does he... 25hrs over 3 bikes? You haven't even begun to touch what you could do regarding setup... It's simply not enough time to get enough good information, test, change, test, change etc etc... When each bike has 50hrs, you'll have a better idea...

As an example, I found my 350 a very difficult bike to own and for about the first 30-40hrs was struggling to find a place for it... The next 40hrs have been amazing but alot of changes took place including suspension, gearing, tuning etc etc... 3 podiums including two race wins have proven the bike very capable. Again, 80hrs of riding, practice, training, testing have got me here, not 5, 12 or 9hrs...

I know, I've put around 40 hours on my RR and I still am finding more mods I want to do to the bike to make it suit me and what I am doing. Perhaps he will put more hours on the bikes and give better reviews. Can't see him modding the beta much with it being a loaner bike though. 

Edited by Black-swan

I hope he intends to ride the bike in more open places than the trails in the last few videos. The kill switch is the same side as the starter on my bike, maybe only for UK models? Didn't mention the handiness of having inbuilt handles on the subframe, even though he used them. 

• Like 1

I think you all are getting a little too butt hurt over one mans opinion, and he hasn't even done his full review yet.

I think he intended to not come right out and say he likes the bike because he didnt want it to appear that he is giving a good review just because Beta loaned him a bike for free.  He has really been trying to push the point that although Beta helped him out, he was going to speak his mind.

• Like 1

I think you all are getting a little too butt hurt over one mans opinion, and he hasn't even done his full review yet.
I think he intended to not come right out and say he likes the bike because he didnt want it to appear that he is giving a good review just because Beta loaned him a bike for free.  He has really been trying to push the point that although Beta helped him out, he was going to speak his mind.

Well if you'll listen to alot if his comments in previous videos it makes sense what everybody else is saying, he constantly talks about how he hasn't ridden long, and he does in fact compare everything to a ktm right off the bat, which isnt informative, all bikes are different, all built different, he didn't even adjust the power valve before he started commenting about how sluggish it felt and he had only been on the bike for 20 min, don't get me wrong, love what he is doing because to a newcomer some of his stuff is helpful, but you can tell he isn't very seasoned and he has even stated how he has very few hours on his bikes, sometimes it will take 30 hours on a bike or more to get a completely full feel of the bikes full mechanics, and truly be able to shred it.