HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rvanliere

AnyBody from South Dakota ?

8 posts in this topic

Born and raised in Sioux Falls, 20 years. But got my first hole shot, and was lucky enough to escape :):D !!

You're pretty close to S.F., know anyone from there??

Later;

Dodger :D:D

Yep, I'm about 25 miles northwest of Sioux Falls . I used to be the Service manager at Graham Tire ( Goodyear ) on 41st and Western . Next to the Western Mall. About 1 1/2 years ago. worked there for about 6 years . now i'm back in the small town of Colton working in my Dads Automotive shop hoping to take over when he retires ( I have alot more time now for My Kids ) And Dirtbikes ( ever ride at Saddleback ? ) . On a side note , I thought this was pretty cool , We Just had three Giant Army Helicopters fly over my house with the President Of the United States in one of them. Hes going to Wentworth to a new Ethonal Plant they have put up . Very Intimidating Helicopters .

Wow, that's crazy that you worked at the Goodyear shop. My father knows the owner very very well (I believe his name is Randy), I've been in there for tires my whole life pratically. :)

You know, I didn't get into dirt bikes until after college up at the U of M, that was about 10 years ago. So, never had a chance to ride saddleaback, though hear good things about it. Got a very good friend of mine, (who is a paraplegic)who rides his '85 Honda Pilot out there quite a bit. He says it's a blast. Check out this photo, it's a pic of my buddy Eric in his Pilot, and myself ontop of Mt Bross, 14,172ft. My WR426 was in the shop that week, so I got to ride my buddys TT125 up there :D ! Ok, so I had to literally push it up a few steep sections once we were over 13K, but was still a blast.

bross2.jpg

Later Dude;

Dodger :D:D

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: Dodger ]

I am from SD but clear across the state for you, Rapid City. The Black Hills are a blast to ride in, nothing like CO I am sure but still a lot of fun.

Darrin

I farm with my dad about 30 miles southwest of sioux falls. I have been up to saddleback a couple times and raced the hare scrambles. Good place to ride (Y) Speaking of the president, i did happen to see Air Force One, carrying the president today while i was in sioux falls. That's one big a$$ plane.

later Pete

Dodger Ive seen your buddy out at the track before . He looks like he is having a blast in that thing . really a great rider. That is a sweet picture . Almost picture perfect . I would love to ride there someday. And yes Randy Wilson was the manager of The Goodear I worked at.