Do I go '04 for $5200+tax, or wait for an '05?

I am sure an '05 will cost me $5600 or so. Is it worth the $400, or do I wait for an 2005? This will be my ice bike, so I can wait, I just don't know if i want to....hmmmm!! ? Oh yea, I'm talking about a YZ450, almost forgot. That "I want to preview my post" feature works well :D

If you can get a '05 for 5600 out the door....you need to let me know your source. That would be an extremely low price especialy during the first half of the year after the release.

The actual price difference between an '05 and the '04 would probably be higher.

You need to also look at the hours on the '04 and what extras or "must haves" that it has.

$5600 is a guess, but isn't $5200 for a new '04 a good deal as well, I thought so? When you say "out the door", for $5600, you are confused(I think). I said $5600 plus tax. Not $5600 O.T.D. Out the dood means EVERYTHING!!! Not $5600 plus other added costs'. Just trying to clarify ? Having been selling cars for 12 years, I hear the "out the door" term mis-used ALL the time.

$5600 is a guess, but isn't $5200 for a new '04 a good deal as well, I thought so? When you say "out the door", for $5600, you are confused(I think). I said $5600 plus tax. Not $5600 O.T.D. Out the dood means EVERYTHING!!! Not $5600 plus other added costs'. Just trying to clarify :D Having been selling cars for 12 years, I hear the "out the door" term mis-used ALL the time.

I would wait see what 05 brings, then get a better deal on the 04 if the 05 is not what you expect. ?

I raced the Adelanto GP :D and I heard the anouncer say that the 05's will be 10 lbs lighter and a 5 speed tranny. Didn't make me real happy ?... I've got a new 04 (and love it). By the way, I added the I-CAT ignition enhancer and I do believe that it makes a big difference. Anyway, good luck on your decision. :D

How do these guys find out that stuff before the dealers (who field race teams and have a direct line to Yamaha) find out?? It's purely rumor until the official word comes down in June at the dealers meeting. Yamaha won't let the cat out of the bag until then.

Flattracker,

I am sorry...I miss read your post. I thought you were looking at a used '04 for 5200 and estimated a new '05 at 5600. Thats why I thought that there would actualy be a lot more difference in final price than 400 dollars. OK.....I understand now.

Word is sales-wise the YZ450 was a failure. It's lack of versatility sent most to Honda. The KTM can virtually be made into a 6 speed, e start ect with OEM parts. The WR450 is heavy and that bottled up stock crap has killed sales of it as well. A total revamp is in order so 2005 will be a tell tale year. Suzuki and KTM stepped up with new models like the RMZ450 and the KTM250sx RFS for 2005 and Top riders with long term contracts. Honda has Windham 1 more year but long term Yamaha needs to Update and Pay up before Chad reed signs with another manufacturer ( Suzuki, Honda is the rumor) Kawi will get the RMZ in Green and probably bid for Chadd Reed, David Vuillemin, ect. whatever happens it will be exciting

That's funny you say that. The Yamaha dealer by me( I ice race with the owner) has YZ450's to give away, and the Honda dealer(that sponsers me) is all out of CRF's. ? I will be waiting to hear what changes are made to the 2005 YZ, but an '04 would work well on the ice for me just the same. My Yamaha's (mainly my 2001 YZ250) turned so much better than my Honda's do. I still think(seeing as I haven't ridden one on the dirt) an amature flattracker like me is better off with the smoother power of a CRF on a flattrack. But on the ice....give me POWER cause I got traction!!!