Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

One Industries Plastic

12 posts in this topic

I have purchased a set of One Industries plastic and sticker kit. I haven't installed any of it yet since I am getting my frame powder coated tomorrow. The plastic and stickers look to be very high quality.

<center><font color=yellow><h2>ONE INDUSTRIES</h2></center><center><font color=blue><h1>+ + +</h1></center><center> :) </center>

The One Ind. plastic I recently purchased was made by Acerbis. It fit well but the front fender is a little twisted (nothing not easily fixed with a heat gun).

My local dealer gets me OEM Yamaha fenders for the same price as One Industries , UFO and Acerbis. I pay $19.00 for fenders. The side panels and shrouds are a different story. I do use the One Industries side panels because they are cheaper. I get the YZ side panels and cut along the perferated line to fit over the coolant resivoir.

To answer your question I use them and I like them. (I think that Acerbis makes them though)

DL :)

[ April 24, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

The Yamaha stuff that isn't $50 per fender is through their accessory division. It isn't *exactly* the same part as if you order by part number. UFO makes Yamahas accessory plastic. Acerbis does make some of One Industries plastic but not all of it. The UFO stuff is, IMHO, the best replacement plastic available. It fits best, comes with the little steel sleeves most all the time and the side panels come with the heat shield. I know One's side panels don't.

Yamaha GYTR rear fenders are on terminal back order to.......UFO was always my choice...I am just curious about OneIndustries new offering.... :)

Originally posted by MX Tuner:

Acerbis does make some of One Industries plastic but not all of it. The UFO stuff is, IMHO, the best replacement plastic available. It fits best, comes with the little steel sleeves most all the time and the side panels come with the heat shield. I know One's side panels don't.

I agree on UFO plastic, I’ve had some Acerbis replacements that didn’t fit well, but have always had good luck w/ UFO.

I bought the entire plastic kit from One Industries, and noticed that both fenders were Acerbis , it did not occur to me they would use more than one supplier. And now that I think about it, the disc cover in the kit did not look like an Acerbis part. Also, the right side panel that came in the One kit I bought did have a heat shield, and it was glued on nice and snug all the way around (a first, for me anyway).

Hope this helps.