DRZ dies at idle after riding for a while

Starts fine and idles good for the first few minutes. It seems fine when I'm riding but after a while (15-20mins) it starts to idle lower and lower everytime I stop at a light. Eventually it dies unless I constantly rev it. 

I know gas in oil is the go to it seems but I just changed it. Anything else? 

15 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Fuel screw setting

It recently got really hot so this is looking like it. I was riding in 5-10C and it was 30c today. For some reason I didn't really consider this. It's looking like I need another new pilot. I took my fcr41 down from a 48 to a 42, but I can still turn it all the way in. It was 1.5 before and now set at about .5 and it was definitely better, idled a lot better at .5

Edited by Atolduso

15 hours ago, Atolduso said:

It recently got really hot so this is looking like it. I was riding in 5-10C and it was 30c today. For some reason I didn't really consider this. It's looking like I need another new pilot. I took my fcr41 down from a 48 to a 42, but I can still turn it all the way in. It was 1.5 before and now set at about .5 and it was definitely better, idled a lot better at .5

diameter of the needle plays a role at idle.  if you run one of the needles commonly used into the first fcr version (emM or emN) likely you will need a pilot smaller than 42 (or a better needle)

Edited by 30x26
  • Like 1

diameter of the needle plays a role at idle.  if you run one of the needles commonly used into the first fcr version (emM or emN) likely you will need a pilot smaller than 42 (or a better needle)

I have the emr needle on clip 4. Did you mean that one too because you said emN twice?

It didn't die once with the screw almost all the way in so I will go down on the pilot. What do you recommend? Try a 40?

emR is a good starting point. try pilot 40 and check what happens with closed screw and warm engine.

james dean recommends to close the screw untill idle looses about 200rpm , then open 1.25 turns from there