Klx300r carb issues

Hey guys, just picked up a 2005 klx300r from a guy I work with. The bike sat for a couple years maybe more. Previous owner couldn't get started and gave up on it. Sold it to me for a steal. I pulled carb and found lots of varnish and very bad buildup. I bought a rebuild kit from all balls racing and reinstalled carb. The bike has the free mods done to it and a 132 main jet installed. I cannot for the life of me get it started. I've tried everything. I've pulled carb several times and checked every passage and jet. I've adjusted it to stock specs and still nothing. I even cranked the idle screw in all the way and still nothing. I've checked valve clearance, replaced the plug, and checked for compression. Am I missing something? I'm no slouch when it comes to wrenching. Any help would be appreciated. I am considering installing a TM 36-68 pumper after reading some great advice from others on here. Anything I should consider or have to purchase with the pumper? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's good. The bike doesn't have very many hours on it. If I pull the plug it has no fuel on it. If I hold the throttle wide open and catch it just right it will start and will run great by cracking the throttle but won't idle at all.

just a dumb question here.  Are you sure fuel is actiually getting to the carb?   when I first bought mine it wouldn't start,  had spark and compression,  fuel was not getting from tank to the carb -  turned out I pulled the petcock,  and there was 2 earwigs clogging the inlet -  weird! 

eventually i got tired of screwing with the factory vacuum carb,  went with Bill Blues conversion  kit,  starts a heck of alot better, and runs better as well.  

Edited by slowstepper