Homemade ramp for loading bike in back of truck. Suggestions

I'm in same boat well same truck. i have just been using a couple of 2'20 but if a better an cheap to build im interested also.

I was just on ebay and i can't see spending $100 on a folding ramp altho they are nice an look safer to ride bike onto truck with ?

I love my folding ramp. Can't beat it. I would use a board or something similar but I can't bend my knees like I used to step up even with something there. With the ramp, I just walk up beside the bike.

Nutbag, you are a nutbag if you ride a bike into your truck. Just asking a busted rear window. I watched a guy do that once. Whole place laughed at him.

• Like 1

Well for the recored i have only done a handful of time an reason being is a f250 superduty truck is a bit tall for 1 guy to walk his bike up.

But with that being said i do agree there is a big risk factor involved an that is why im looking for a better way.

i might get one of the folding ATV ramps as they are wide

enuff for a SLOW ride up an in. ?

• Like 1

My buddies bought a ramp at Costo that is the coolest ramp I havew ever seen. He loads into the back of his lifter Ford 4x4 with it.

The design looks mor elike a ladder. You walk up the edge of it as you push your bike up. The whole works folds in half and weighs abotu 30 lbs.

As I recall, he paid less than 100.00.

Personally, I love the homemade wood ramps. No one will steal them when you leave on a long ride.

• 1 year later...

I don't understand how you get a bike in a truck that isn't low if you don't ride it up the ramp. If I have help I can push it up myself but no way could I do it alone. Do you walk beside it and let it do the work? If so, how do you make the transition from the ground to a tail gate and still hold on to the grips?

• Like 1

Get the do-it-yourself ramp ends here:

http://www.qualitysmart.com/products/ramps/ramps.htm

They work slick, I use these myself. In regards to walking the bike up: I have a Toyota 4x4 and I have 2 ramps. I walk on the ground until the front wheel of the bike is in the back of the truck. Then step up on the second ramp, lean forward over the handlebars and just walk and the bike goes right in.