2017 350 XC-F precautions or problems

Hey guys just bought my first KTM first 4stroke. I only have 3hrs on it so far

Is there any problems that I need to watch for?

Parts that I need to get rid of now before they cause problems?

I'm not having any problems I just want to stay ahead if any of you experienced 4strokers have any input.

IMG_2847.JPG

Hey guys just bought my first KTM first 4stroke. I only have 3hrs on it so far

Is there any problems that I need to watch for?
Parts that I need to get rid of now before they cause problems?

I'm not having any problems I just want to stay ahead if any of you experienced 4strokers have any input.

IMG_2847.thumb.JPG.81f2d22386320305bc08c121d258affc.JPG

Just make sure to tighten motor mounts swing arm bolts shock bolts fork bolts etc... after that, f#*king ride that s#@t bro #drop it down n go to town and just gotta say, if u aint mixin gas your not haulin ass!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

Best heartfelt advice I can give is to let a truly seasoned vet(ME ME ME) conduct the break in of that fine machine. I am usually very busy but I can sense a little anxiety in your post. That touches me. I will drop everything I have planned and spend the next couple of weeks concentrating on the process with your future happiness paramount in my thoughts. Just provide me with your address and I can get there tomorrow. 

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 2

Best heartfelt advice I can give is to let a truly seasoned vet conduct the break in of that fine machine. I am usually very busy but I can sense a little anxiety in your post. That touches me. I will drop everything I have planned and spend the next couple of weeks concentrating on the process with your future happiness paramount in my thoughts. Just provide me with your address and I can get there tomorrow. 

I second this motion

My brother put 180+ hours on his original piston in his 350 which is wayyyyy over what the manual recommends, not a single a problem. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Not sure if they have switched the newer 250/350 motors to a spring type cam chain tensioner vs the oil pressure version. The oil pressure tensioners make some noise when you start the bike up but I don't think they have really had problems with failures.

• Like 1

Best heartfelt advice I can give is to let a truly seasoned vet(ME ME ME) conduct the break in of that fine machine. I am usually very busy but I can sense a little anxiety in your post. That touches me. I will drop everything I have planned and spend the next couple of weeks concentrating on the process with your future happiness paramount in my thoughts. Just provide me with your address and I can get there tomorrow. 

I was thinking more along the lines of helpful information. Like if I planned on running a fan I need to up the output on the stator. I'm finding mixed information on the aforementioned topic. We ride the same tracks so you should be able to break it in for me. Thanks for your input.

9 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

then 50 hours later something breaks and your the one whos blamed. I would never want to break in someones bike.

I installed a tt fan on my 15 350xcf because it overheated in single track. Did not do anything with the stator and works perfect

Bought the "ktm" brand fan pretty much a tt. Just waiting on harness but that's good to see. Thanks

Bike is fine... Keep a solid schedule of preventative maintenance and you'll never have a problem...that all being said, there is so much you can do to make the bike even better then what it is... Just depends on how deep your pockets are... 

Engine wise or chassis? Talk to me