HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gearbox

Boots

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Need help choosing boots.

Problem is that nobody stocks all of them so i have to order without a clue as to how some fit.

I tried on a pair of Gaerne SG10's they felt great (but they are to expensive)

Tried Alpinestars were very uncomfortable.

I would like to try Fox Formapro Replica's .... or

maybe Thor T30's (they are affordable)

Can anyone give some insight????

... yes, yes I know it's how they fit each individual...

but maybe you could help eliminate some to make my decision easier.

Thanks.

Go with the too expensive. I had a pair of Gaerne boots that lasted me 10 years! :)

And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D :D

I have the AlpineStar Tech8's I have to say when I first put them on they where stiff and uncomfirtable, but after one day of riding and adjusting the straps they fit and feel great. I couldent be more happy with them!

And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D:)

Yeah David, I am doing so many miles these days that I bought a pair of SIDI SRS boots last year and I have already replaced the soles under the pegs. Great boots that will last me 10 years if they keep making sole parts for them. :D

I have Alpinestars Vector. I am very happy with them. They took a few rides to break in. (hard to shift due to stiffness)After that they are great. Waterproof and comfortable. :)

If the SG10's are too much check out the Gaerne RX2's. I have a pair and like them a lot.

For reference - I have a wide foot and also found the Alpinestars a bad fit. My foot didn't like the Fox or Thor much either.

I have Sidi Raptors. The boot itself is good but the sole keeps delaminating. When I can do with out them for a few weeks I'll take them back again and get them fixed (thank god for warranty :) )

Hamish