Boots

Hey guys,

Need help choosing boots.

Problem is that nobody stocks all of them so i have to order without a clue as to how some fit.

I tried on a pair of Gaerne SG10's they felt great (but they are to expensive)

Tried Alpinestars were very uncomfortable.

I would like to try Fox Formapro Replica's .... or

maybe Thor T30's (they are affordable)

Can anyone give some insight????

... yes, yes I know it's how they fit each individual...

but maybe you could help eliminate some to make my decision easier.

Thanks.

Go with the too expensive. I had a pair of Gaerne boots that lasted me 10 years! :)

Go with the too expensive. I had a pair of Gaerne boots that lasted me 10 years! :)

And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D :D

I have the AlpineStar Tech8's I have to say when I first put them on they where stiff and uncomfirtable, but after one day of riding and adjusting the straps they fit and feel great. I couldent be more happy with them!

And as many miles as you put on each year, THAT'S saying something! :D:)

Yeah David, I am doing so many miles these days that I bought a pair of SIDI SRS boots last year and I have already replaced the soles under the pegs. Great boots that will last me 10 years if they keep making sole parts for them. :D

I have Alpinestars Vector. I am very happy with them. They took a few rides to break in. (hard to shift due to stiffness)After that they are great. Waterproof and comfortable. :)

How much are your feet and ankles worth? Go for the best boots you can possibly afford. That goes for the helmet also. WR Dave :)

If the SG10's are too much check out the Gaerne RX2's. I have a pair and like them a lot.

For reference - I have a wide foot and also found the Alpinestars a bad fit. My foot didn't like the Fox or Thor much either.

I have Sidi Raptors. The boot itself is good but the sole keeps delaminating. When I can do with out them for a few weeks I'll take them back again and get them fixed (thank god for warranty :) )

Hamish