1 post in this topic

Bought a 2016 Suzuki DR-Z400SM back in September, put two hundred miles on it or so and then bought a full Yoshimura RS2 system for it. Worked well for about 1,000 miles and then I noticed i have an exhaust leak where the header meets the engine. The local shop says the gasket has gone bad. I looked at the gasket compared to the stock one the other night and noticed the Yoshi gasket is just flat while the stock one has a ridge around the pipe. Anyway, I need to replace the gasket, and I was hoping to just take the stock one off the old exhaust and then put it on the new one, but they dont just slide off. So, how does one change a gasket?

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Karol
      I know y'all have probably read thousands of drz engine noise complains, but this one is different. I just bought the bike, a 07 drz400sm with 9k miles, and this is my first drz. Likewise, it struck me how noisy the engine was. There is an annoying ticking that I assume is the cam chain and I plan on buying an mcct soon, but that is not the issue. It seems that in the mid rpm range, especially in low 2nd gear (because of low ambient noise) there is an almost siren like noise coming from the engine, pulsing. It's hard to tell what it its, but it gets louder and much more noticeable after the engine is nice and warm. I'll try to post an audio sample as soon as I can. Also, the pulsing seems to speed up with an increase of speed and doesn't pulse but rather stays constant while revving in neutral. It's noticeable when in neutral as well as other grears and throughout the rpms, but is especially noticeable while holding constant rpm. (The sound is not there during deceleration) Could this be the cam chain? I'm very new to the drz and I'm not sure if there is something that I should take care of before it locks up on me or if I'm just being paranoid. With the limited amount of info you have, tell me if you know what it could be. Thanks.
    • By mculik1
      For sale is a complete Yoshimura RS2 Exhaust System for a DRZ400. The exhaust is in excellent shape, no bends, dents rust etc
      $400
    • By reboundrider
      2011 Husqvarna TE 511 Supermoto in excellent condition. Only 2107 miles. Carefully maintained.  Oil changed every 500 miles with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40. Over $2,600.00 in upgrades including: Zip-Ty full oil recirculation kit, Zip-Ty billet aluminum gas cap, 7602 Racing oil drain plug kit, 7602 Racing radiator guards , Warp 9 Racing SM wheels with like new ContiAttack SM tires, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust , Cycra handguards, Seat Concepts aftermarket seat, Trail Tech Vapor odometer, Nomadic tail rack. Evans waterless coolant.  Valves checked and in-spec December 2016.  Extra oil filters & tubes.  Original 21" front & 18" rear wheel dual sport wheels, tires & sprocket available separately.

Clean title in hand.
    • By reboundrider
      2011 Husqvarna TE 511 Supermoto in excellent condition. Only 2107 miles. Carefully maintained.  Oil changed every 500 miles with Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40. Over $2,600.00 in upgrades including: Zip-Ty full oil recirculation kit, Zip-Ty billet aluminum gas cap, 7602 Racing oil drain plug kit, 7602 Racing radiator guards , Warp 9 Racing SM wheels with like new ContiAttack SM tires, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust , Cycra handguards, Seat Concepts aftermarket seat, Trail Tech Vapor odometer, Nomadic tail rack. Evans waterless coolant.  Valves checked and in-spec December 2016.  Extra oil filters & tubes.  Original 21" front & 18" rear wheel dual sport wheels, tires & sprocket available separately.

Clean title in hand.
    • By Kevin Snyder
      I have a 2005 CRF450R, It cuts out when you get on the throttle when taking off from a dead stop it cuts out near the bottom end. After some research one of the suggestions was to check for an exhaust leak. I replaced the gasket between the head pipe and the silencer and still no fix. Then I noticed there is about a 1" crack right at the 1st bend coming out of the barrel. I don't want to spend the $500 on aftermarket exhaust so am trying to find someone to weld it. Nobody around here welds titanium. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have found some full aftermarket exhaust for 270 for a 450X would this  work on a 450Rif i re-jet? I have seen that in the 2005 the exhaust is interchangeable between X and R, Could I use a factory 450X head pipe with the 450R silencer? Thanks folks.