4 posts in this topic

Bought a 2016 Suzuki DR-Z400SM back in September, put two hundred miles on it or so and then bought a full Yoshimura RS2 system for it. Worked well for about 1,000 miles and then I noticed i have an exhaust leak where the header meets the engine. The local shop says the gasket has gone bad. I looked at the gasket compared to the stock one the other night and noticed the Yoshi gasket is just flat while the stock one has a ridge around the pipe. Anyway, I need to replace the gasket, and I was hoping to just take the stock one off the old exhaust and then put it on the new one, but they dont just slide off. So, how does one change a gasket?

Thanks.

Remove the old gasket from the head and replace with anew, OEM one.

1 person likes this

I have had many yosh exhausts. Including for the drz400sm and have never seen yosh provide a gasket with the exhaust. Remove the exhaust and install a new one as mentioned above.

Needle nose pipers help, I have a full rs2. The stock gasket was stuck on mine. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By caleb1995
      I have a 2006 Suzuki DRZ400s. I am having an issue with the tail running lights not working. The brake light does work with both the foot and hand brake. The running lights will come on when i turn the key past run to the park setting. It does have an aftermarket led tail light. Any insight would be appreciated
    • By Ryanlowry
      DRZ400s for sale. Runs great, valves checked, oil changed with stainless steel oil filter, fresh spark plug, fresh coolant.

15Kmiles

$4000 OBO
      Pick up in Chicago 

CLEAN TITLE IN HAND

upgrades include:

MRD exhaust pipe 
      FCR39 carb perfectly tuned
      3x3 intake mod
      Recent TKC80 tires
      Plastic XL safari tank
      Corbin seat
      Bark busters
      Integrated tail light with fender eliminator and license plate holder
      Brand new battery for this season

Also comes with stock gas tank in blue - if you got new plastics with this tank the bike would look brand new!
      Original exhaust and carb 
      Different sized sprockets
      Dynojet kit for stock carb 
      Different taillight fender kit

Text me if you'd like to see a video of it being started and running. 

drz400s, drz400sm, drz400e, drz400, dirt bike, enduro, dual sport, KTM, honda, motorcycle 
    • By Funbags
      Hey All,
      A while back a racer buddy explained to me that the best combo for tire size with lean angle in mind (for supermotos) is to have the front and rear tire as close to each other in terms of size and profile as possible for best and smoothest results in learning. I tried to find more info about it but found many contradictions. Some said 150 better, some said 140. And at that, they were talking about different tire models/mfgs and combinations. I tend to believe that the thinner rear tire gets you better/quicker/smoother lean and is also lighter weight so better response. But I'd like some more opinions or some stats if you have any.

My Question: Is a setup of 120/70/17 and 140/70/17 on 4.25" rims, going to get you smoother and more stable results than a 160 or 150 rear?

My current setup is Conti Attack SM's 120/140 (1.5K miles on them and loving it) 

Thanks for any help!